Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Tips for recovering after Covid
1  2  Next

How long did it take you to recover from Covid?
Right away  
 31%  [ 31 ]
2-6 weeks  
 46%  [ 46 ]
Several months  
 13%  [ 13 ]
A year  
 2%  [ 2 ]
Still recovering  
 7%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 99

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 11:49 am
I had strep about two weeks before Yom tov and then got Covid over Pesach. I was vaccinated twice and got one booster. Although I got the monoclonal infusion I'm still feeling quite sick. I have young kids and it's making it difficult to function normally...

Aside from davening, does anyone have any tips on the hishtadlus they did, that they thought were helpful or effective to heal their immune system and speed up recovery?

Thanks

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 12:13 pm
wow so sorry to hear! Im older than you based on your phase of life and got covid before the vaccinations were available even though I was so very careful. B"H recovered. I was given a regimen by a nurse to take zinc 50 mg quercetin as directed vitamin D3 5000 mg daily and vitamin C 1000 mg. It really helped B"H. Got the vitamins/supplements from koshervitamins.com online Feel better fast!

amother
Lime

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 12:27 pm
I voted 2-6 weeks. I pretty much got back my strength by then though I probably wasn't walking my full 3 miles a few times a week for another month or so.
I still have this weird taste thing with certain foods in plastic - salad bags and mustard. 2 years later. But I got off easy bH.

moved to correct forum by request of OP

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 6:59 pm
My husband and I had it way back in March 2020- bad. Sick in bed for two straight weeks, high fever, cough, took us weeks to do steps without getting out of breath. Our kids got married after that Pesach- backyard wedding; we were still very weak.
Got vaxed the following year.... scary time. Very, very powerful illness.....

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had strep about two weeks before Yom tov and then got Covid over Pesach. I was vaccinated twice and got one booster. Although I got the monoclonal infusion I'm still feeling quite sick. I have young kids and it's making it difficult to function normally...

Aside from davening, does anyone have any tips on the hishtadlus they did, that they thought were helpful or effective to heal their immune system and speed up recovery?

Thanks

Refuah shelaima. Maybe try the vitamins people are recommending. I think Dr Zelenko has a protocal on his website too. Scary that this is after the two vaccines and booster...I wonder if it really does effect the immune system and ability to heal.

amother
Fern

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:18 pm
I am one month past my positive test and not yet 100% but BH I can tell a difference every day. I never had a fever but got winded just from talking and couldn’t sleep from all the coughing, and couldn’t smell or taste much of anything. At this point I’m still coughing a bit and haven’t really tried exercising but other than that I’m mostly up to my normal activity level. Still have brain fog though, my husband says I’m more absentminded than usual and I know I’m fumbling for words sometimes.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:20 pm
I had covid way back in March at the beginning. I couldn't smell for months. I was weak for quite afew months. I never got back my energy levels that I had pre covid.

amother
Snow

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 10:03 pm
I had a super mild case, maybe weak and tired for 2 days. But then I coughed for a month, a horrible, strong cough that was terrible unless I was drinking something warm or eating a candy. So I checked off 2-6 weeks.

B"H it was just a cough and nothing else.

amother
Midnight

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 10:31 pm
Nonsense. You are all mistaken or making this up. Covid is not real. It is just political nonsense and in your head. If it was real, people would be bothered to take precautions which they clearly don’t because it is not real.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 5:05 am
amother [ DarkGray ] wrote:
Refuah shelaima. Maybe try the vitamins people are recommending. I think Dr Zelenko has a protocal on his website too. Scary that this is after the two vaccines and booster...I wonder if it really does effect the immune system and ability to heal.

Nope...my family just got covid..we are all vaxxed and boosted...was barely a cold if even that. That being said...it just takes time for some people. Please don't do the Zelenko protocol without speaking with your own doctor. Good luck. Get well soon

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 5:13 am
Midnight I feel bad for your confusion.
Yes covid is real.
No cloth and non surgical masking, lockdowns, and distancing do not work.
Yes in the beginning many died R"L.
Yes some people are more at risk R"L.
Now things have improved enormously with effective treatments, more knowledge, and weakened strains B"H.
Yes much of the crisis sadly was hijacked for political purposes.
Thank G-d for the progress we have made B"H.
Hodu L'Shem Ki Tov!

amother
Amber

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 5:47 am
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:
Nope...my family just got covid..we are all vaxxed and boosted...was barely a cold if even that. That being said...it just takes time for some people. Please don't do the Zelenko protocol without speaking with your own doctor. Good luck. Get well soon

Half of his protocol is vitamins.
Vitamin c
Vitamin d
Zinc
Quercetin

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 5:55 am

Ask your dr.
My GP dr in lkwd prescribed very similar.
We took it while sick and maybe it helped. My dh goes back to it when not feeling well and really thinks it helps.

250 quercetin - helps with zinc absorption
1000 vitamin d (some say more)
500-1000 vitamin c - (the quercitin often contains some vitamin c).
50 zinc
325 aspirin
3-6 melatonin - to help with brain fog

amother
DarkGray

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 6:02 am
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:
Nonsense. You are all mistaken or making this up. Covid is not real. It is just political nonsense and in your head. If it was real, people would be bothered to take precautions which they clearly don’t because it is not real.

You are right. All the precautions worked amazing. Once lockdown started and people wore masks covid pretty much disappeared. And the vaccine was a miracle like promised...nobody vaccinated got or spread covid.

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 6:14 am
I got COVID over Pesach, the one week I skipped my usual multivitamin and vitamin D. It was like a cold and I have already completely recovered BH.

I am fully vaccinated and boosted.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 9:38 am
I had coming in October just under a year after two vaccines. It was a cold. With sinus pain but lasted 4 days. Couldn’t taste or smell for a week.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 10:54 am
I had Covid right after Pesach. I am vaccinated and had one booster. After I was diagnosed with Covid, I got intravenous antibodies. I'm exhausted.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 11:44 am
Thanks so much for all your responses and sharing. Appreciate the tips and good wishes.

(I'm pretty new to the site, so not sure how to respond individually to posts)

Amen and may everyone who needs, have a refuah shelayma!

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 11:56 am
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:

I challenge you to show me a post where an anti-COVID-vaxxer made such a statement.

You are just repeating Fake News.

Only those who believe and repeat Fake News make sarcastic posts that Covid doesn't exist.

Real Anti-Covid-Vaxxers on this site never said such nonsense but are constantly falsely
accused of saying things we NEVER said!

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 12:00 pm

Why is it necessary to talk to a doctor before taking VITAMINS that have killed ZERO people

while you trust doctors who push Vaccines that have killed and injured Millions of people???

And Dr. Zelenko is an M.D. Medical Doctor!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics