Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BDE Rabbi Neuman, former principal of BYQ
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:37 am
Levaya is at 1 PM at Shomrei Had Chapel in Brooklyn.

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 10:13 am
Bd”e
Thank you for posting
Graduated over 30 years ago!!!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 10:26 am
Wow, I'm almost but not quite there. Class of 1994

Roots

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 11:45 am
GRADUATING CLASS OF 2010
best principal ever! baruch dayan haemes a real loss!!

amother
Banana

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 1:42 pm
anyone know where I can find nichum aveilim details- if there will be in israel, or a levaya(kvura) in EY?

gootlfriends

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 2:59 pm
amother [ Banana ] wrote:
anyone know where I can find nichum aveilim details- if there will be in israel, or a levaya(kvura) in EY?

Kevurah in deans nj
Shiva is in cedarhurst Wednesday Thursday, then lakewood I think.
Levaya was in Boro park at 1 today

Last edited by gootlfriends on Tue, May 03 2022, 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 3:00 pm
BDE. Sad This is very sad. I worked for Rabbi Neuman for many years. He was a great boss and an amazing mechanech. Yochid bemino.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 5:06 pm
I got this via WhatsApp:

Please send/ share pictures memories and stories of Rabbi Moshe Neumann to :
rmnmemories@gmail.com

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 5:45 pm
Oiy BDE! is he the one that was a teacher in OZ vehador.

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 5:53 pm
Rabbi Moshe Nueman was the principal of Bais yaakov of Queens for around 50 years.

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 5:58 pm
amother [ Azalea ] wrote:
Oiy BDE! is he the one that was a teacher in OZ vehador.

Yes, after he retired from BYQ I believe.
Tremendous kavod hames at the levaya. Huge represenatiom from Queens.
-A grateful graduate

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 5:59 pm
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
Yes, after he retired from BYQ I believe.
Tremendous kavod hames at the levaya. Huge represenatiom from Queens.
-A grateful graduate

I went to oz vehador and we had a rabbi neuman. He was a holocaust survivor. He was so inspiring and humble

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 6:09 pm
amother [ Banana ] wrote:

https://www.misaskim.org/aveilim

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 9:59 pm
Class of '83.
I was always proud to say I was a BYQ girl, but then I would add- our BYQ was unlike any other. Rabbi Neuman modelled for us to be accepting of all Yidden no matter where they were from or their religious adherence. Every neshama is special and it was not acceptable to look down on others.

I remember he had a strict policy that if having a birthday party the entire class had to be invited.

I also remember every year Wednesday before Thanksgiving he would come to class and say even though Thanksgiving isn't a jewish holiday we must be grateful that we have the USA, and we should celebrate Thanksgiving.

I also remember part of a song he taught... anyone remember the rest...
arabs arabs climbing up the walls
shoot them down with matzah balls
fight fight fight for Yisrael

I don't remember who said this at the levaya, but I laughed out loud when he said so many girls wanted to marry him... I can totally see that cute little 1st grader thinking that.

I feel bad I never considered while I was in elementary school that he actually had a entire other life in a house that was not the school building. Tremendous hakarat hatov to his wife and children for sharing him with so many of us.

I called him about ten years ago (so it has been a long time) to speak with him about setting up a fund in memory of Gabriella Waizman a classmate who perished in the Towers. Not only did he remember me, but he remembered my parents first names and my sisters!!!

If you think about how many lives he impacted it is astounding.
He should be a melitz Yosher and his neshama should have a speedy aliyah right next to the kiseh hakovod.

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 10:16 pm
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
Class of '83.
I was always proud to say I was a BYQ girl, but then I would add- our BYQ was unlike any other. Rabbi Neuman modelled for us to be accepting of all Yidden no matter where they were from or their religious adherence. Every neshama is special and it was not acceptable to look down on others.

I remember he had a strict policy that if having a birthday party the entire class had to be invited.

I also remember every year Wednesday before Thanksgiving he would come to class and say even though Thanksgiving isn't a jewish holiday we must be grateful that we have the USA, and we should celebrate Thanksgiving.

I also remember part of a song he taught... anyone remember the rest...
arabs arabs climbing up the walls
shoot them down with matzah balls
fight fight fight for Yisrael

I don't remember who said this at the levaya, but I laughed out loud when he said so many girls wanted to marry him... I can totally see that cute little 1st grader thinking that.

I feel bad I never considered while I was in elementary school that he actually had a entire other life in a house that was not the school building. Tremendous hakarat hatov to his wife and children for sharing him with so many of us.

I called him about ten years ago (so it has been a long time) to speak with him about setting up a fuind in mmeory of Gabriella Waizman a classmate who perished in the towers. Not only did he remember me, but he rembered my parents andnames and my sisters!!!

If you think about how many lives he impacted it is astounding.
he should be a melitz Yosher.

I totally remember that song!!! And I remember many girls from your class too… did that song have a beginning? I only remember the part you wrote! He taught it to us on the bus on the way to Washington DC in 8th grade. Remember his shabbos shira song?
It dawned on me that he had a family when I heard that his wife made the 613 Torah avenue records (!!) and then when his daughter worked in the office when I was in around 7/8th grade.
Do you remember how he was outside every morning as we got off the bus to say boker Tov? And how he waved to us as the bus pulled away at 4pm? We just took it for granted but most principals don’t do that!
I’m embarrassed to say this but when I was very young and the teachers would talk about Hashem, in my mind I pictured Rabbi Nueman 🙈!
Btw- does anyone remember Mrs shalmon? I know it’s so many years ago but she was so important to the school running properly back in the days..

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 10:24 pm
I do remember Mrs. Shalmon. Although we sometimes made fun that if you had a headache she would give you a band aid and send you back to class.

I remember our 8th grade trip to DC with the TAG girls and the strict warning to stay in our rooms. Well their was a TV and my roommates and I were content watching the Air Supply concert that was on tv! (scandalous). I aslo remember the 7th grade trip to Philly and how it was shamazioiling out and he let us put our feet in the fountain, but was upset at those that started splashing in it becuase that is not how modest girls behave.

I don't remember the first part of that song though..

I think it is so sweet that you pictured him as Hashem.

Oh and one year there was a huge snowstorm, but school was open. I think only 4 of my classmates showed up and they were upset they had to be in school so at lunch they left the building and walked to the closest girls home in KG. Oh he was NOT happy about that!!

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 10:48 pm
Rabbi Neuman was the best principal. I was telling my kids, we have the happiest memories from BYQ. Everyone loved school.
I don’t remember him ever not smiling.
He would give out prizes on Rosh Chodesh.
Speak on the mike in the lunchroom.
Give out our report cards.
All with a smile!
His enthusiasm and kindness madethousands of girls love school and love to learn.

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 11:20 pm
Remember when he would call some girls to sing benching on his mic in the lunchroom?

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 11:22 pm
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
Remember when he would call some girls to sing benching on his mic in the lunchroom?

Yes... He never called on me, it was always made me a little sad. Looking back now it was a bracha he didn't call on me, I have a terrible voice!

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 11:27 pm
Not from Queens. Never heard of Rabbi Neuman. But I read through these comments and just wanted to thank you all for sharing, I was very touched!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics