Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
This describes R' Zecharya Wallerstein, please add personal
Previous  1  2

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 12:25 pm
I just watched the shiur in which he spoke about the tallis bag. What I took from it is this-
He met a girl that he knew and saw that she was sporting an extra piercing. He Asked her to take it off and she said no and when he questioned further she said it's because that's who she is if she takes out the piercing then nobody will see her. It was the identity she wanted to out out there. So he told her that if she would take it out he would put it on his tallis bag and every day when he davens he would see it. And God would see it. And she would be seen.

I don't think it was about the piercing at all. It was about what it represents and the need that all humans have to just very simply be seen.

amother
Mulberry

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 12:44 pm
I've actually heard him speak about giving one or two roses. It was in the context of small gestures of kindness and how they can have a big impact (giving a single rose rather than having to give a whole bouquet) and make someone feel appreciated. I don't remember the other examples he gave, but this one stuck with me.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 1:20 pm
He was in my city once so I travelled half an hour to hear him speak.

The theme of the shiur was about hashem's love for us. He kept on repeating how special we all are and how hashem is obssessed with us and loves us unconditionally. I hope I am remembering correctly but along these lines. It was so refreshing. He said that the focus shouldn't be on punishment and negative consequences but we need to feel loved and cherished by Hashem.

So different from all those preaching shiurim out there which can make us feel guilty and turns us off.

We all left feeling better about ourselves and striving to improve and get closer to our loving father.

singleagain

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 1:28 pm
Locked till this can be reviewed.

Thanks for understanding.

-love mod

Yael

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 5:28 pm
Cleaned up and unlocked.
Please keep this thread positive only. Thank you.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 6:00 pm
I didn't know him personally and I did not listen to very many of his shiurim. (Just a few.)
But once, I was contacted by a woman who works at one of his schools. She was bringing a group of girls to my area and she wanted to do a painting activity with them. I assumed it would be only the 15 girls. But, surprisingly, Rabbi and Mrs Wallerstein also joined in the painting activity. In the middle, we had a break and he went into another room to show a video and talk to the girls afterward.
There was something very humble and self depreciating about him, while at the same time he gave off such a positive energy.

At the end, I took pictures of them all together and I'm so happy to have that picture with Rabbi Wallerstien and the group holding the paintings.

mirib

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 6:42 pm
There is an support group organization called samchanu for widows.before every Yom tov they send flowers and a gift (jewelry etc.)it was sponsored by him anonymously.

amother
Aster

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 7:31 pm
I went off of Facebook years ago because of him.

I listened to many of his shiurim. They were so so powerful.

He will be sorely missed.

amother
Honey

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 8:40 pm
Ohr Naava is holding a fundarisser so that they can keep Rabbi Wallerstein’s organizations going without him. Please donate - his organizations help so many women in Klal Yisrael.

https://rabbiwallersteinlegacyfund.org/

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 8:42 pm
mirib wrote:
There is an support group organization called samchanu for widows.before every Yom tov they send flowers and a gift (jewelry etc.)it was sponsored by him anonymously.

Are you sure? Source?

(Curious because my mother is a samcheinu lady, and it was so nice when she's get the jewelry before yom tov)

amother
Melon

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 9:13 pm
I am regretting that I never reached out to him...

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 9:25 pm
mirib wrote:

interestinig. my mother is a widow and she told me about it. didn't know who started it.

mirib

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 11:42 pm
amother [ Ultramarine ] wrote:
interestinig. my mother is a widow and she told me about it. didn't know who started it.
he didn't found it. He sponsored the gifts.

amother
Darkblue

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 12:22 am
Samchainu was founded by breindy (can't remember last name) and shani (Stefansky,but remarried so new name now).

Mirib, how do you know that rabbi wallerstein was the sponsor of the YT Jewelry?

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 12:45 pm
https://betweencarpools.com/ec.....ords/

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 2:32 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:

Link doesn't work.
Here is the link:

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 6:59 pm
whoops, thanks
Wink
that's right
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational