Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
We need to open a new girls school in lakewood
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 10:56 am
Does anyone in the middle of the road heimish crowd feel like there needs to be another bais yaakov school for heimish clientele?? I mean there are no options really. My d is going to a regular litvish school which I'm happy with, and there are maybe 3 shtreimel wearing fathers in the school. The only real heimish bais yaakov that teaches Hebrew is bnos penina. Bnos hadassah is also pretty neutral but very hard to get in. There's bais tovah but who stands a chance besides siblings and alumni and... what I'm saying is that there is a need for another bais yaakov, that teaches just like the litvish schools but has a heimish clientele and a heimish flavor to it . The end.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:13 pm
Please !!! I am losing my mind!! We need BYBP in Lakewood. Like it or not mostly everyone has moved. My daughter has 4 classes in her grade in BY. About 20 girls per class and many will be leaving next year.
I wish Ami would do an article on this, just as they explored the housing crisis and other topics.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:13 pm
double post

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:20 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]Does anyone in the middle of the road heimish crowd feel like there needs to be another bais yaakov school for heimish clientele?? I mean there are no options really. My d is going to a regular litvish school which I'm happy with, and there are maybe 3 shtreimel wearing fathers in the school. The only real heimish bais yaakov that teaches Hebrew is bnos penina. Bnos hadassah is also pretty neutral but very hard to get in. There's bais tovah but who stands a chance besides siblings and alumni and... what I'm saying is that there is a need for another bais yaakov, that teaches just like the litvish schools but has a heimish clientele and a heimish flavor to it . The end.[/quote
Bnos Hadassah is getting harder to get into. You can't even get an interview with them . They only want the real elite Cream of the Crop.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:23 pm
amother [ NeonYellow ] wrote:
Please !!! I am losing my mind!! We need BYBP in Lakewood. Like it or not mostly everyone has moved. My daughter has 4 classes in her grade in BY. About 20 girls per class and many will be leaving next year.
I wish Ami would do an article on this, just as they explored the housing crisis and other topics.

Isn't Bnos Penina like BYBP.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:24 pm
I have been saying this for years nice someone agrees with me.

I hope the new high school works out because if you think elementary is bad it is worse for high school.

amother
Almond

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:26 pm
I don’t see how that will solve anything.

Every school that opens is accepting the first few years than they become hard to get in to.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:26 pm
Do you have any info aboit the new high school?
Called maayan.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:27 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Isn't Bnos Penina like BYBP.

No

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:27 pm
So go open one up! Hotzlacha!

Ask the developers and real estate agents for funding!

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:31 pm
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
I don’t see how that will solve anything.

Every school that opens is accepting the first few years than they become hard to get in to.

You are right about that

(But, the more schools there are the more of an illusion you will have that your kid will get into a school.)

Each school can only grow so much and with more girls that need seats every year the more of a need to have more schools.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:39 pm
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:
So go open one up! Hotzlacha!

Not capable enough for that....

Ask the developers and real estate agents for funding!

Who opened up Bybp back then? Why were people willing to donate back then and not now ?

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:43 pm

Who opened up Bybp back then? Why were people willing to donate back then and not now ?

It was started as the Bais yaakov in Brooklyn everyone went back then it wasn’t a type. It was after the war and it was for anyone wanting a frum education. It was a totally different story.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:44 pm
No

Interesting, because anybody who I know that moved to Lakewood and is sending their children to Bnos Penina had their children in BYBP when they were living in Boro Park.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:45 pm
I know it's hard to get in ! That's why I'm saying we need more options! To only have bnos penina as an option is not enough ! There are 10 litvish/ yeshivish bais yaakov schools (or more) , every few years another one opens up. And for heimish clientele there's only bnos penina and the hadassah and tovah . But realisticly speaking about getting in , it's penina. We need a bais yaakov school , not chassidish , but accepts fathers with shteimels and up hats or for anyone that wants a heimish flavor . Please don't mention all the yiddish speaking schools in lkwd , those are chassidish. I'm referring to a regular bais yaakov , no different then the yeshivish ones in lkwd , just catering to more heimish clientele so u don't stick out as the one shtreimel in the school 😉

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:47 pm
Maybe convince someone in bybp to start a second school in Lakewood . They are losing so many students it might be worth it for them money wise.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:47 pm
Is bais rochel too chassidish?

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:49 pm
What about Tiferes Chaya, isn't that heimish?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:50 pm
Bais rochel is a great option! Still need for more . Heimish crowd is growing in lakewood (bais yaakov heimish, not chassidish)

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:51 pm
Tiferes chaya already leans towards being more on the chassidish side . But yes it can be considered heimish.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics