Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Can you help me create a schedule? Or share yours?

lovebeingamama5

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 10:28 am
I work full time. BH have cleaning help. I'd like to put together a schedule for when to do laundry? Linens? Towel? Fridge? Ovens? Regular cleaning?( floors, bedrooms, kitchen..) food prep?
I'd prefer my help doing most of my cleaning,laundry, food prep ( I can do but want to do it in a way that I dont have to clean up after myself)
Can you help me best utilize my help? (Currently have 2x a week, iyH next week starting 3)

Beingreal

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 10:30 am
Bump I need help too...I don't have cleaning help.

SG18

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 4:58 am
I have some experience in this, but am starting out. Price would reflect this. Feel free to PM to discuss Smile

SingALong

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 6:43 am
How big is your family size? Years ago when we were smaller size family, I divided the laundry like this, sunday whites, Tuesday darks, Wednesday lights p, Thursday linen, Friday towels. It wasn’t exact but that allowed 1-2 loads a day and quick fold and put away. Now I Bh have a bigger family, I probably have the machine run 5 times a day. I have my cleaning help do 1 bedroom of linen per day. I have a daily 2 towel loads, 1 dark, 1 light, 1 delicate. I do whites 3 times a week. Things that hang dry need to wait a day to get ironed so I always have stuff hanging in the laundry room.

Daily cleaning: after kids leave to school, clean up breakfast and sweep and mop kitchen. Clean downstairs bathrooms. Clean upstairs bathrooms and make beds. (1 bedroom gets linen changed, next day a different one.) Put away random items in kids rooms and dust or wipe down desks/nightstands. I ask my lady to vacuum and mop the second floor twice a week. I have a playroom in the basement that she mops twice a week, usually Sunday after the Shabbos mess of toys and thursday. Then she usually has time for once a week the fridge or freezer, a different day the oven. I try to stagger the once a week jobs so it’s not all at once. Fridays she vacuums and mops living room and dining room for Shabbos. And study. The entire week we try to keep those rooms clean.

Make yourself a written schedule of what works for you. If you use your dining room as a playroom also you may want that cleaned more often than I do mine. Then try it out for a week. If you need it tweaked revise for the following week.

lovebeingamama5

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 10:45 am
Thank you Sing along, you had some nice suggestions.

dankbar

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 10:58 am
Everyone has different standards by some people once a week change linen is a must, by some only once in two weeks. By some once a month.

Some people only wash out fridge when they deep clean, by some fridge gets washed out weekly.

It also depends, how big is your house, how many hours do you have her, how fast is the help, how thorough do you want things washed, how clean or messy is your house when she arrives, (meaning does she need to pick up toys from floor or other stuff, or from table/counters or could she right away wash floor & surfaces), is she doing everything or you have other people or yourself doing some chores.

twolilgirlies

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 11:26 am
I do a lot on my own and all my surfaces are always cleared by me so when my lady comes she isn't picking up toys or laundry from the floor.

I have her twice a week, Monday and Friday.

Monday she vacuums carpet upstairs, makes all the beds, changes one or two rooms linen, wash two bathrooms thoroughly, fold 3 loads of laundry and iron all DH shirts from the last week.
main floor she washes stove, counters, a few dishes or pots left in the sink, sweep and mop all the floors and wash bathroom.

Usually she has time to do one extra thing like wash the windows down, clean the fridge etc.

Friday she comes for shorter time. she does a once over of upstairs, and main floor gets another good cleaning but she focuses on washing all my pots and dishes from my shabbos cooking and usually polishes some of my silver.

Zehava

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 1:41 pm
How many hours does she come and how big is your house? I have her do laundry once a week and while it’s washing she cleans the kitchen and bathrooms and makes the beds.
Oven and fridge once a week. Changing linen on alternating weeks. Towels and bathrooms every time she comes. Cleaning bedroom floors once a week. I do all the food prep and she cleans up after or the next day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics