Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Delicious parev pizza or pasta dish?

ilic

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 6:21 am
Wonder if anyone can help me

2 of my kids can't eat dairy, my other kids love anything milky. Sometimes I'd love to give pizza for supper, but every parev pizza I've tried has been a compete fail. My dairy free kids would love a good pizza too though.

I've tried simply subbing parev cheese, but they don't like the taste and also it doesn't melt nicely. Is there a way to add anything to mask the taste? Or maybe a different sauce completely? It doesn't actually have to mimic cheese but it needs to taste good.

1 of my kids has only been off dairy recently so she knows how pizza tastes and she misses it. Its also hard since every party usually involves pizza or other milky treat so I'd love some ideas of what I can substitute with.

Also a good parev pasta sauce? So far im using either plain marinara or adding tuna mayo to the pasta, but would be nice to change it up

Tirza

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 8:10 am
Pesto is pareve and gives a delicious taste to pizza and pasta.
Mushroom sauce is another good option for pasta.
My dairy-sensitive child likes spaghetti tossed with olive oil and garlic.

sevengirl

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 2:34 pm
Have you tried recipes of pasta with nutritional yeast? People find it can add a cheesy taste?

mha3484

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 2:37 pm
This is so good and meant to be eaten pareve https://www.loveandlemons.com/.....olio/

Not_in_my_town

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 4:08 pm
Pareve pizza can be made without any sort of cheese. Just pizza sauce. That's how I had it as a child. I loved it.

Alternatively, you can make a fleishig pizza out of ground chicken. I like it with pineapple. Smile Delish.

You can nutritional yeast to pizza sauce or marinara to give it more of dairy flavor.

mha3484

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 4:10 pm
For pareve pizza this is a winner

https://smittenkitchen.com/201.....tter/

ilic

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:51 am
Thanks everyone I appreciate everyone's help!

Not_in_my_town wrote:
Pareve pizza can be made without any sort of cheese. Just pizza sauce. That's how I had it as a child. I loved it.

Alternatively, you can make a fleishig pizza out of ground chicken. I like it with pineapple. Smile Delish.

You can nutritional yeast to pizza sauce or marinara to give it more of dairy flavor.

I should have mentioned I make a meaty pizza occasionally, but I want something I can serve with regular pizza.

A couple posters mentioned nutritional yeast. What is that, where would I find it in the grocery, and how do I use it? I've never heard of it before.

ilic

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:53 am
mha3484 wrote:
For pareve pizza this is a winner

https://smittenkitchen.com/201.....tter/

Thanks both your linked recipes look delicious!

Have you made this potato pizza? I'm trying to imagine how rhe texture works together? And does it stay together nicely?

challahchallah

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 7:20 am
ilic wrote:
Thanks both your linked recipes look delicious!

Have you made this potato pizza? I'm trying to imagine how rhe texture works together? And does it stay together nicely?

I make this potato pizza all the time. It’s a little bit time consuming to make, but super delicious. Texture is really nice. Sometimes a few of the potatoes fall off here and there but it’s no big deal. Honestly I do usually add a layer of feta underneath the potatoes, but it’s good just plain too.

rivkale

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 8:05 am
I’ve made sauces like sautéed onions garlic mushrooms add soy milk and flour to thicken , salt pepper maybe other seasonings
People love
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals