Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
How do you have time to be here?
Previous  1  2

amother
Freesia

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 5:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Lots of chilled people here! Do you all have cleaning help maybe?

Nope

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 5:44 pm
I'm procrastinating, of course.

I am using challah from the freezer this week, so that's a shortcut. DH got the dining room ready so it's just the living room that's a disaster, the kids need baths, I made soup and chicken and fish and dessert, and there's still more than 2 hours left till Shabbos!

Oh, and my biggest helpers are at friends for Shabbos...

srbmom

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 5:45 pm
I don't work Friday, but I try to be ready food wise by Thursday night. No cleaning help today, so I clean Friday mornings. By 10 I'm usually done and chilling most of the day.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 5:50 pm
So food wise I cook mostly on Thursday.
I do the cholent on Friday and Challah every few weeks.
I do have challah in the freezer this week, but somehow I always run late.
Probably I can blame some of it for spending time on here.
And my very long bath habit.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 5:54 pm
I only leave kugel and cholent for friday so from 10:00 I’m ready for Shabbos and it’s such a long day. My question is what are people doing all day, not how do you have time to be here.

mastermom

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 5:58 pm
I had my cleaning help on Thursday for 12 hours. All the cooking and cleaning gets done then. This morning I put up the cholent and fish. Light cleanup this morning while the kids were in school. There's cholent and kugel available for for everyone.
Kids are reading magazines. Toddler is playing with toys. I still need to shower.
Friday is not hectic in my home bh.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 6:09 pm
Getting jealous from all the organized queens!

Well the mopping is done and my beauty bath awaits!

amother
Copper

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 6:10 pm
I'm trying to put my baby to bed.
I buy challah. Baked dessert last night.
Mains get prepared in the morning before I leave for work and my husband oversees the oven shuffle (he works from home on Fridays) and I did sides when I got home.

amother
Milk

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 6:11 pm
On Friday I only make the kugel and ferfel. Basic clean up. Thursday is my really busy day. Having a nursing baby is a good excuse to be on imamother even with all the kids home.

amother
Clear

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 7:02 pm
No cleaning help. I did alot this morning bh. Baked challos and made lots of extras. cleaned up...
I use this site as an incentive when I'm done. It's my me time.
I try to be done by chatzos, if possible.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 7:05 pm
So beauty bath didn’t happen.
I burnt my hand when spilling the old hot water out of the percolator.
It stings.

cuties' mom

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 7:07 pm
Shabbos starts in a half hour. Everything is done except putting on the blech and lighting. I normally try to do as much as possible before autistic ds gets home. The maccabeats are keeping ds entertained so I'm free.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 7:18 pm
starts pretty late this far north, bought challah from a friend's pop-up and it's just me home, so I don't need much to eat, I'm happy with breads, cheese, salad, fruit, chocolate, etc

amother
Jade

Post Sat, May 07 2022, 2:40 pm
I had (very) minor surgery on Tuesday, so I used that as an excuse to take Tuesday and Wednesday off work. Thursday was Yom HaAtzma'ut, so another day off. I did most of my Shabbos prep on Wednesday and Thursday, and yesterday was the most relaxed Friday I've had in a long time. Really I did very little more than cut a salad and put the food on the platta. Normally it's not quite so simple.

WitchKitty

Post Sat, May 07 2022, 3:21 pm
I cook Thursday afternoon. Clean & put on shabbos tablecloth Thursday evening.
Friday morning bake challah.
Friday chill. (I don't work Fridays)

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, May 07 2022, 3:59 pm
I dont work on friday, nor does my husband (we are in Israel). Friday is a very chilled out "lets get ready for shabbat" day in our house. I stay in pjs and cook very relaxed. And very simple things and not a lot either. I love fridays.
I cook, he cleans, our daughter sets the table about an hour before shabbat. I am online throughout cooking. I leave the computer open on the kitchen counter.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note