Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Gluten free catering or someone who cooks in the home

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 07 2022, 11:23 pm
Hi I’m looking to buy some good food in Brooklyn through someone who would come to my home to cook or sells food that is gluten free . Any leads would help.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, May 07 2022, 11:26 pm
I just wa t to point out that if you just avoid grains, and cook real food, it’ll always be good and gluten-free.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sat, May 07 2022, 11:45 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I just wa t to point out that if you just avoid grains, and cook real food, it’ll always be good and gluten-free.

That’s not very helpful to op.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 2:47 am
I appreciate that, I do cook that way, I’m just looking now for the extra help in cooking for one child who needs more of a variety that I can’t offer now

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 2:59 am
amother [ Steelblue ] wrote:
That’s not very helpful to op.

Why not? She said tasty.

The problem with substitute food is it’s always disappointing. Gluten exists only in grains.

Going gluten free can get complicated and easy to make mistakes. I just simplified how to get tasty GF food. Maybe stake free and tasty.

Meanwhile, what helpful suggestions would you like to make? Your comment is Jess gelpful than mine.

Or did you just want to slag me? Amother no lesss….

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 3:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I appreciate that, I do cook that way, I’m just looking now for the extra help in cooking for one child who needs more of a variety that I can’t offer now

Understood. All I’m saying is that if you choose foods that are inherently as I described it’s easier. It may broaden your ability to pick tasty stuff up in regular places as well.

Gluten is only in grains so many things are inherently GF. I had no trouble finding food in Brooklyn and I have the added complication of not eating sugar either.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 3:05 pm
Bump

penguin

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 3:16 pm
If it's for a child who doesn't need to watch their carbs, check out By the Way Bakery. A lot of their stuff is available at Whole Foods (which you can get delivered w Amazon Prime in many locations)

Quite delicious and real tasting IMO although not at all low carb friendly.

anonymrs

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 3:46 pm
Nu cafe in Brooklyn has gluten free food.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 7:57 pm
I’m looking for a cook someone who goes to a home and cooks many different dishes that I can freeze and pull out for different times, but someone who can cook food tasty and gluten free . Almost like home cooked food.

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 8:03 pm
Can I help you come up with a menu of easy and tasty foods that you can make for your whole family to eat?
Things like
Beef tacos, yellow rice, avocado tomato salad
Roasted chicken, sticky brown rice, mixed vegetables
Crumb chicken cutlets, crispy cracked potatoes, broccoli
Beef stew
Stuffed peppers
Grilled chicken salad with beets and sweet pot

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 10:44 pm
I appreciate your ideas so much. I really do. My problem is that with work and kids and dealing with a lot of things I don’t have the time to put into making good food for my child who is very picky. The things I try end up flopping .

mushkamothers

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 10:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m looking for a cook someone who goes to a home and cooks many different dishes that I can freeze and pull out for different times, but someone who can cook food tasty and gluten free . Almost like home cooked food.

I know someone who does this, I just don't want to put her number here. PM me
She charges 35/hr and is a great cook. In 4 hours she's made a week of supper (4 meals) for me. You can save her time by doing the food prep like peeling in advance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking