Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation - from Israel
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 2:00 pm
Hi,

Looking for a place to go on get away with husband.

Needs to 1) have ocean (water, the sea)
2) access to kosher food (does not need to be a restaurant, but some access to kosher food)

Can fly up to eight- ten hours from Israel.

Thanks!

DrMom

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 2:15 pm
Cyprus?

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 2:19 pm
We have a great time in dubai! Would definitely recommend it for a vacation.

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 2:20 pm
We are looking to go to Egypt it looks like a really great vacation only an hour and 20 minutes from here. And pretty reasonable tickets as well. Sharm e-Sheikh is where we are looking into and there are tickets directly from Tel Aviv to there. Haven't gone yet but it looks great. Just want to make sure that it's safe.

Sesame

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 2:21 pm
amother [ Ballota ] wrote:
We have a great time in dubai! Would definitely recommend it for a vacation.

Kosher food is expensive there

Sesame

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 2:22 pm
What about somewhere in Europe? 8-10 hours can get you pretty far!

Elfrida

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 2:23 pm
Why all these Arab countries? Go to Europe. Italy or Greece could be a nice option. Switzerland is also nice, but no ocean.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 2:40 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Why all these Arab countries? Go to Europe. Italy or Greece could be a nice option. Switzerland is also nice, but no ocean.

Is there kosher food in Greece?

essie14

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 1:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is there kosher food in Greece?

Yes. And Cyprus

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 2:11 am
Italy - lots of kosher food, lots of ocean, lots of history. I like the Northern Italy area better (florence, venice, italian alps, lake garda/como, milan, but if you want davka ocean the Italian Rivera or Sicily may be better

Zanzibar - Stunning beaches, chabad + kosher food, safari,

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 2:31 am
Venice is a beautiful and very watery option! There is a Chabad meaty restaurant and milky cafe; they also provide Shabbos food.

Gibraltar is also a great destination, with a Jewish community so several food options including a restaurant, grocery and bakery. If you're going for more than a couple days, I'd recommend doing a day tour of Tangier, Morocco, which is just across the Straits from Gibraltar.

The south of France has beautiful beaches, some places like Nice have several kosher food options.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 8:09 am
Believe it or not, there is actually a halachic problem to leave Israel to vacation elsewhere if you are residing there. There are various heteirim but it is something to ask a Rav….

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 8:59 am
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:
Believe it or not, there is actually a halachic problem to leave Israel to vacation elsewhere if you are residing there. There are various heteirim but it is something to ask a Rav….
Why would you turn this thread into a halachic debate?

chanchy123

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:01 am

I’m assuming OP follows the shita that it is allowed, otherwise she would not have asked, but thank you for informing us how holier than thou you are - we are all very much impressed.
ETA
I guess I didn’t have to be so catty - but even if you think this information is valuable to the OP, you might want to word your post a little bit nicer next time.

Last edited by chanchy123 on Mon, May 09 2022, 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:03 am

Let's assume that OP knows this and belongs to a community where leisure travel to chutz la'aretz is considered acceptable.

I once met a Jewish tour organizer who said she has lots of clients who love to travel, so long as they can claim they are going to kivrei tzaddikim. She said she's still hoping to find a tzaddik buried in Thailand. Smile

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:03 am

Deleted double post

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 10:50 am
Thank you to those who replied!

Iamamommy1

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 11:53 am
Amother rosepink -

I’m posting under my screen name. Can you PM me? I had some more questions about Zanzibar?

tichellady

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 12:05 pm
Amalfi coast, Lisbon, French Riviera , Amsterdam,

tichellady

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 12:11 pm
Many options in Greece

This website is helpful https://yeahthatskosher.com/20.....rant/
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics