Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Anyone Read:"I Was Really a Good Mom Before I Had Kids&

amother

Post Mon, May 12 2008, 4:05 pm
Did anyone read this? I am reading it now...it's more of a 'vent' book. It has some cute stuff also. Anyone else read this?

littles

Post Mon, May 12 2008, 4:57 pm
I heard about this book and was thinking of reading it too. Please give me more info on it. I'd also like to hear from others that have read it as well. Can I just ask why you are anon, though?

louche

Post Mon, May 12 2008, 7:44 pm
Is it supposed to be funny? the title is a hoot. If it's humorous, I'll look it up in the library.

daisy

Post Mon, May 12 2008, 8:50 pm
No, but it sounds hysterical and just like me! I'll have to check it out.

amother

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 4:07 pm
OP here. I'm reading it now. It's supposed to be real advice on 'modern motherhood', identifying probems (comparing ourselves to other mothers, trying to do too much etc), and ideas for how to be a better mother given the modern day challenges. It has quotes from other mothers that make me think/feel "yeah I'v been there- I'v had a day like that". Parts are funny - the way they write about things puts a funny spin on eveyday chaos. There are also comments that are very real and honest about how as much as we may love are kids - it's not always easy to love day to day life with them. I enjoy it.

The only drawback I am finding is that it seems a bit disorganized in how they present the issues. Like I mentioned a bit more venting. (or maybe I am too exhusted at night when I am reading it to read coherently!)

Overall I would suggest it.

chaylizi

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 4:18 pm
it's probably just written as a humor book though & not as advice. that's probably why you find the issues displayed in an unorganized way. most of the humorous books are laid out in the order they thought of things.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics