Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Swaddle Bee Blanket
1  2  Next

watergirl

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:24 am
I have been wanting one of these blankets for myself for a very long time. Before I spend the money on it (they are not cheap!), I would love to know how they wash and how soft they stay over time. I read the site, they recommend air drying... for a blanket that seems weird to me. If you have had one for a few years, please tell me if it's worth the money, specifically how it holds up and how soft it stays after a few years. Please pm any negative reviews. Thanks!

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:26 am
I’ve had mine for two years. I wash and dry it regularly and it’s still as soft as when I got it. My entire family loves it. It’s the perfect size, weight and softness. It’s easy to take anywhere. Gorgeous colors too.

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:27 am
Also wondering what makes it different than any other plush blanket?

watergirl

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:28 am
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
I’ve had mine for two years. I wash and dry it regularly and it’s still as soft as when I got it. My entire family loves it. It’s the perfect size, weight and softness. It’s easy to take anywhere. Gorgeous colors too.

Thanks! What size do you have? The "bigger" or the "mega"?

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:31 am
watergirl wrote:
Thanks! What size do you have? The "bigger" or the "mega"?

Mega came out after I got mine. I would get that if it’s just to use in the house. If you’re probably going to travel with it as well the bigger bee is perfect for that. I’m short so the bigger bee covers me completely. It also covers three kids in the back seat of a car.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:31 am
amother [ Eggshell ] wrote:
Also wondering what makes it different than any other plush blanket?

It’s thinner and it stays soft forever.

watergirl

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:39 am
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
Mega came out after I got mine. I would get that if it’s just to use in the house. If you’re probably going to travel with it as well the bigger bee is perfect for that. I’m short so the bigger bee covers me completely. It also covers three kids in the back seat of a car.

So, I'm 5'1, but I want it for the couch for shabbos afternoon naps and also for my bed when it's too hot for my comforter do you think I should get the mega?

I'm thinking this will be my gift to myself for the work I will be doing for my son's bar mitzvah Smile

alef12

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:45 am
Very happy with the ones we have, all bigger bees. The mega bee came out later. I have and my teen daughters have. (Got them for gifts over the past few years). It's a different fabric than any of the other plush blankets out there. This keeps you pleasantly warm and cozy without making your sweat. I know fabric. If I was to buy the fabric myself retail and make my own blanket it would cost significantly more than they charge.

watergirl

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:54 am
alef12 wrote:
Very happy with the ones we have, all bigger bees. The mega bee came out later. I have and my teen daughters have. (Got them for gifts over the past few years). It's a different fabric than any of the other plush blankets out there. This keeps you pleasantly warm and cozy without making your sweat. I know fabric. If I was to buy the fabric myself retail and make my own blanket it would cost significantly more than they charge.

How do you wash and dryers? Do you recommend the bigger or the mega for me? (See my previous post)

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:54 am
watergirl wrote:
So, I'm 5'1, but I want it for the couch for shabbos afternoon naps and also for my bed when it's too hot for my comforter do you think I should get the mega?

I'm thinking this will be my gift to myself for the work I will be doing for my son's bar mitzvah Smile

The bigger bee should be big enough for you. The reason I suggest the mega bee is because the fabric is so delicious that some people might want to snuggle with you.

Beyla

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 10:50 am
Hi! I have all sizes (lovie, minky, bigger and mega) and I wash them on regular cycle and air dry. They stay amazing. I’ve had some of them for 2 years.

watergirl

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 12:38 pm
I can not believe I just spent this much on a blanket for myself. I hope it's worth it!

watergirl

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 12:39 pm
Beyla wrote:
Hi! I have all sizes (lovie, minky, bigger and mega) and I wash them on regular cycle and air dry. They stay amazing. I’ve had some of them for 2 years.

Do you prefer the bigger or the mega? I wonder if I should change my order. I'm going to have all kinds of anxiety about this now. I was thinking about watching a movie on my couch or using it on my bed, my husband will be under it with me... so I got the mega. But is it too big for just me?

happy chick

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 12:46 pm
What is this swaddle bee? I never heard of it. What am I missing out on?

HeartyAppetite

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 12:56 pm
I have the megabee. It’s very soft, but very thin and I don’t find it warm or cozy enough. I like heavier blankets.

Last edited by HeartyAppetite on Mon, May 09 2022, 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 1:19 pm
I’m short and I loveeeeeee the mega bee! What can be bad about more blanket ??

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 1:33 pm
I would like to order one, if I’m using it on the couch , is the mega too big? I can’t decide which size to get

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 1:59 pm
Following, I also can’t decide between the mega bee and bigger bee

WitchKitty

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 2:15 pm
I got the bigger as a gift a few months ago.
I love the feel of it. It's also very light and not hot at all.
I find it too light. I like heavier blankets. I might have chose the mega for the extra weight the size gives. OTOH, the bigger is the perfect size for me. (I'm probably about 5'2). And the way the bigger is sooo light- the mega would probably not be heavy enough for me anyway.
I'll probably use it much more as the weather gets hotter.
The bigger is great because it's easier to take places and walk around the house with (bed>couch>chair, all day)
I've only washed it twice since I got it. Followed the instructions- softener, liquid detergent, hang dry- and was pleasantly surprised that it actually feels the same after washing.
LOL. Only after typing all this did I realize that I have the blanket on me this whole time.

watergirl

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 2:32 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
I got the bigger as a gift a few months ago.
I love the feel of it. It's also very light and not hot at all.
I find it too light. I like heavier blankets. I might have chose the mega for the extra weight the size gives. OTOH, the bigger is the perfect size for me. (I'm probably about 5'2). And the way the bigger is sooo light- the mega would probably not be heavy enough for me anyway.
I'll probably use it much more as the weather gets hotter.
The bigger is great because it's easier to take places and walk around the house with (bed>couch>chair, all day)
I've only washed it twice since I got it. Followed the instructions- softener, liquid detergent, hang dry- and was pleasantly surprised that it actually feels the same after washing.
LOL. Only after typing all this did I realize that I have the blanket on me this whole time.

Now I want the bigger! I see myself bringing it around the house with me...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics