Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Touring Israeli frugally. Need recommendations

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:22 am
We are going to Israel. Kids ages 9-16 and I'm looking for inexpensive day trips. Driveable from Jerusalem. Please post your suggestions. Any cheaper tours of Jerusalem and tzfat or chevron? Specifically the old city in Jerusalem and tzfat. Thanks

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:33 am
Haskafa?
That may play in as well in recommendations.

Do you want the chevron tour that is very DL and talks about protecting the area and the people or is that not your Haskafa?

Do you want to learn all about 1948, Yad Hashem and all the Misirat Nefesh to let us have an incredible homeland for all Jews (and a place we can go if/when their is another Holocaust-see other thread) or are you against that?

Do you want to thank and serve food/snacks to chayalim who protect the Gush? And go to the Tzomet institute? Or not your thing?

Lh291

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:38 am
I'm a big fan of the ramparts walk around the Old City. It's fun climbing for younger kids and interesting history for those older. Much cheaper than a museum.

STovah

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:51 am
The Kotel tunnel tour and Ir David tours can be booked via those websites and are not expensive. Much cheaper than hiring your own guide or joining a private group for those attractions.

Also, you can buy an national park family pass. Check online to see which parks it covers and plan around those.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 3:48 pm
Lh291 wrote:
I'm a big fan of the ramparts walk around the Old City. It's fun climbing for younger kids and interesting history for those older. Much cheaper than a museum.

Is the ramparts walk something you do on your own? Where is the history for the older people? Where do I find it? (Sorry I'm not familiar with the ramparts walk)

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 3:56 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Haskafa?
That may play in as well in recommendations.

Do you want the chevron tour that is very DL and talks about protecting the area and the people or is that not your Haskafa?

Do you want to learn all about 1948, Yad Hashem and all the Misirat Nefesh to let us have an incredible homeland for all Jews (and a place we can go if/when their is another Holocaust-see other thread) or are you against that?

Do you want to thank and serve food/snacks to chayalim who protect the Gush? And go to the Tzomet institute? Or not your thing?

Hashkafa is American open minded yeshivish. Ok with a tour that talks about settling the land and protecting people. Which tour are you recommending for the chevron tour? Where does one go to serve food and snack to chayalim - do you need to let them know you are going in advance? Or just show up? Do we bring our own food, or is this an organization where we help serve the food that is already there?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics