Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Ice cream truck noise

bk45

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:06 pm
Any idea what to do about an ice cream truck jingling till late? My kids keep waking up from it! We're getting so frustrated! ( It's a non kosher ice cream truck) it stops right in front of my house and jingles till it leaves. My 3 year old fell asleep at 9 today because of it! What can I do about this?

happytobemom

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:09 pm
If it actually sits outside your house, I'd imagine there's enough time to go out there - can you go and talk to the driver?

bk45

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:14 pm
It won't help if he goes a little further down the road, the noise is still not gonna let my kids sleep...

bk45

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:15 pm
Are there any laws about this? Like till what time they can leave the jingle on...

missknowitall

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:15 pm
Get sound machines it's a life saver and then your kid's sleep isn't dependent on what's happening outside

bk45

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:17 pm
I have noise machines. Doesn't keep all of the noise out. My daughter hears the jingling and runs to the window to look.

happytobemom

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:51 pm
bk45 wrote:
It won't help if he goes a little further down the road, the noise is still not gonna let my kids sleep...

Let him know exactly what it's doing to your children. Maybe he can park around the corner. And if he needs to be on your street, he can lower/turn off the jingling after a certain time. See if he'll see reason when you explain that it's nighttime and children are trying to sleep.

happytobemom

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:51 pm
bk45 wrote:
Are there any laws about this? Like till what time they can leave the jingle on...

Interesting. Definitely possible. Don't know but you should find out.

crossroad

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 10:04 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Let him know exactly what it's doing to your children. Maybe he can park around the corner. And if he needs to be on your street, he can lower/turn off the jingling after a certain time. See if he'll see reason when you explain that it's nighttime and children are trying to sleep.

Did this and it works. Just walk up nicely and let them know that thier truck music is waking your kids. This happened with 2 separate trucks. One started going a block down and the other would play the music for 5 seconds as he came up my block, and turn it off. His truck was still sort of in front of my house but no music.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics