Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Rabbi Newman’s beis medrash lakewood

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 1:49 pm
So my son went to see the place this past week and said many many of the boys are sitting in sweats and slides and they’re vaping. The rebbeim are super sweet and are ok with all this bec they want you to feel good when you’re learning and do it at your pace.

We’re just confused bec we got recommended this Yeshiva from some one who knows my son and the family very well and now we’re all unsure.

Does anyone know anything about this Yeshiva?
TIA

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 2:41 pm
I know a few boys there. It sounds to me like your son just doesn't want to go and is saying things to tick you off. Its a sleep-in beis medrash. At some point, boys are going to be in slides and sweats on their off times bein hasedorim. I completely agree that vaping is not healthy, but if you go to many many high schools and BM in Lakewood, boys are smoking and some heavily. Vaping is the least of your problems. Its a really great program for the right type of kid, but don't send there if you have that put-down attitude. Really. Stay away and find some elitist place where the optics suit you.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 2:44 pm
I’d make some phone calls to find out specifics.
It might be a more chilled place. Boys may have smart phones.
What do boys do in spare time? Summer? Do they have jobs during the zman? What type? What is learning like? Do boys show up for shacharus? What percentage? Etc

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 5:22 pm
I think if your son is going to Beis Medrash he is old enough to know if this isn't his vibe and he should look into other options. I really hope there are options out there for boys that don't vape and are less "chilled". Hatzlocha.

judith2

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 5:58 pm
Hi Just wondering what your son did I the end as we are looking for same style yeshiva as r newman's?any similar ideas?

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:04 pm
It is a little more chilled. My husband used to learn with boys there but that was many years ago
He was very impressed with the bais medrash, but the boys were on the weaker side

judith2

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:18 pm
Yes sounds like nice place but a class mate of his who he didn't get on with is there now so looking for similar place. Any ideas?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics