Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Developing breast - please tell me exactly

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:03 pm
This is my first. If there are just breast buds am I getting an undershirt shelf bra thing to cover up? Like what's the point of it? To cover it sticking out of clothes? No support needed.

When it's a drop bigger than tiny buds but nowhere near support at all then still undershirt? When does it progress to training bra? I don't think any support needed yet.

How will I know when to move onto next stage?

What if the child is sensory and shelf bras are uncomfortable vs undershirt. Since has rubber. What do you do?

Were talking about 10 year old.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:06 pm
Undershirt until it needs support. You are just covering it up so that the nipple isn’t as pronounced in clothing.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:12 pm
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
Undershirt until it needs support. You are just covering it up so that the nipple isn’t as pronounced in clothing.

What about with sumer light colored clothes? Small breast showing through is OK? As long as no nipple showing?

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:16 pm
That’s what I’m doing now. We can’t make it totally disappear I think it’s fine.

amother
Honey

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:53 pm
I like the gap classic cami. the larger sizes have a shelf inside that does a great job for my 10 year old in her summer tshirts. she didn't need it until now, but with summer thin tshirts she does.

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:53 pm
Search Bleuet bras. (https://bleuetgirl.com)
Very soft preteen starter bras in nice colors for when girls starting to develop. I personally think more than an undershirt is needed, especially when in tshirts in the summer. This is not supportive or tight, but it's like a double layer of material, so there's no unsightly bump. My daughter needed a bit of convincing to start using it, but it's easy to explain that this will be great and help her look better. (It also helped that my older girls chimed in that no one wants to be that kid whose getting starter bras too late...)

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:57 pm
In the same boat. Wasn’t sure where to start.
Got lots of ideas from Imamother. Just ordered Calvin Klein girls bra. Hope she likes it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 9:59 pm
So when is support needed? When it can move? Jiggle? Lol I don't want her being off one out.

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 10:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So when is support needed? When it can move? Jiggle? Lol I don't want her being off one out.

When she needs shape and you’ll be able to tell.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 11:00 pm
amother [ Springgreen ] wrote:
When she needs shape and you’ll be able to tell.

Hope so. There should be a bras for dummies book for first time mothers. Don't want to be too early or too late.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 11:20 pm
Rather be too early than too late. Also maybe involve your daughter in the process, talk about it, see how shes feeling. It can be such a mixed time for girls when things start developing and they have no idea what's normal etc

ray family

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 11:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is my first.

What if the child is sensory and shelf bras are uncomfortable vs undershirt. Since has rubber. What do you do?

For my sensory dd it took a few months and many tears before she was comfortable.
Now she needs To transition again and it’s really hard. BH she’s not so big and she can stay in a sports bra. If she gets any larger I’m going to have to deal with the inevitable meltdown

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 11:55 pm
Not to derail but wondering if anyone has a suggestion for when the "bralettes" like the calvin klein one that keeps being recommended aren't enough anymore and yet she still doesn't seem ready for a "real" bra. Especially since thin t-shirt season is coming, camp is an awkward time to start navigating real bras. Is there another in between step?

Jacoby

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 12:29 am
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

Just ordered these and it's perfect for what you're describing
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics