Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Used lace front/lace top-how?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 7:26 pm
When people try to sell their lace front or lace top shaitel that they didn’t like for whatever reason, how does it work for the person who wants to buy it in terms of the hairline? If the lace is cut to perfectly match the person buying it I assume it won’t just look good on someone else. Wouldn’t it cost a lot of money to replace/fix that part?

nursemom1

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:28 pm
Makes no sense to me

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:30 pm
nursemom1 wrote:
Makes no sense to me

Are they hoping that someone with a similar enough hairline will buy it?

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are they hoping that someone with a similar enough hairline will buy it?
I recently sold a lace top wig. I’m just assuming the person who bought it was satisfied with how it looked or she wouldn’t have spent the money.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:36 pm
amother [ Moccasin ] wrote:
I recently sold a lace top wig. I’m just assuming the person who bought it was satisfied with how it looked or she wouldn’t have spent the money.

Curious-did you see it on her and if so did you think it looked good?

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:44 pm
My sil bought her lacetop secondhand from someone. It fit her well, she maybe added a drop of babyhair to the hairline.
Most lace hairlines are pretty generic even though Instagram would like you to believe otherwise.
If you're thinking about buying a lace 2nd hand try it on, you might be surprised that it fits you nicely or only need minor tweaks.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:57 pm
amother [ Magnolia ] wrote:
My sil bought her lacetop secondhand from someone. It fit her well, she maybe added a drop of babyhair to the hairline.
Most lace hairlines are pretty generic even though Instagram would like you to believe otherwise.
If you're thinking about buying a lace 2nd hand try it on, you might be surprised that it fits you nicely or only need minor tweaks.

Interesting! Good to know!

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:10 pm
Also the front is cut in a straight line so you can still fill in any spots that are missing hair where you need it.

essie14

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:12 am
I own a lace top. It's not cut to my exact hairline, down to the millimeter.
I also tried on a lace front that a SM was reselling and had already had the lace cut. It was fine and I actually could have worn it as is.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels