Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Best Tip to help with Seasonal Allergies
1  2  3  Next

momallhours

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:12 pm
Please share I'm open to try anything at my wits end!! This year is so bad ( in Lkwd) No OTC works like claritin flonase etc even got prescription from doc and did not help at all. TYIA!

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:14 pm
1) shower nightly to wash your pollen off.

2) meds aren't one size fit all. We find Zyrtec is the best for half of us and xyzal for the other half.

3) also, attack the symptoms- eye drops, nose sprays, inhalers if needed.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:16 pm
wash your face and hands when you come in from outside, to remove any pollen that may have gotten blown on. Keep windows and doors closed at all times.

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:17 pm
I feel for you. My kids have it and are feeling horrible. I had one home today cuz her eyes itches her too much and we're so watery the school had her call me.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:21 pm
My daughter is really suffering. I was told today to double up on meds. Meaning to add Zyrtec instead of just Claritin. So Zyrtec at night, Claritin in the morning

momallhours

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:27 pm
Thank you for all your responses! I will try doubling up. and being more vigilant abt washing when cmng inside.
Did anyone try any vitamins? Does it help?

amother
Teal

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:35 pm
There's also a prescription nose spray that has flonase plus an antihistamine.

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:36 pm
So so so suffering! It’s finally nice and warm and I go out to enjoy the weather and I come in looking like I was hit by a truck. My throat is so scratchy and my sinuses are inflamed and my nose and head are so congested!!!

Rant over. Which med is effective and not make u drowsy? The one I’m on now apparently not working ( although usually works best , it’s the Costco brand loratidine ( Claritin I think)) and makes me so dizzy

Thx

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:38 pm
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
So so so suffering! It’s finally nice and warm and I go out to enjoy the weather and I come in looking like I was hit by a truck. My throat is so scratchy and my sinuses are inflamed and my nose and head are so congested!!!

Rant over. Which med is effective and not make u drowsy? The one I’m on now apparently not working ( although usually works best , it’s the Costco brand loratidine ( Claritin I think)) and makes me so dizzy

Thx

My sinus and nose are so congested, that I'm feeling very dizzy. Sudafed taken together with tylenol or sinus tylenol severe helps me most.

Not_in_my_town

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:44 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
There's also a prescription nose spray that has flonase plus an antihistamine.

Flonase is a steroid. If used for more than a couple days it can be come addictive. Careful there.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:45 pm
momallhours wrote:
Please share I'm open to try anything at my wits end!! This year is so bad ( in Lkwd) No OTC works like claritin flonase etc even got prescription from doc and did not help at all. TYIA!

Homeopathy works wonders

bsy

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:45 pm

Thx

I don't find Claritin works for me. I prefer Allegra or Zyrtec.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:52 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Flonase is a steroid. If used for more than a couple days it can be come addictive. Careful there.

I've been on flonase or the combo spray daily for many many years, as prescribed by my doctor. There's a difference type of spray they say you shouldn't use more than three days straight- Afrin.

momallhours

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:53 pm

Thx

Yes it is sooo crazy

momallhours

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:54 pm
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
Homeopathy works wonders

Can you pls elaborate? What is the protocal , how do I do it or do I have to go to someone?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:52 pm
The only thing that helps me is avoidance. I stay indoors, windows and doors closed. Ac on. Goes straight from the car to the house. If I touched anything outside, including the car door handle, I. Am so careful not to touch my face until I am able to wash my hands. When I come home, I wash hands and face and change shirt. It really makes a tremendous difference, I used to be so sick. It is sad being indoors when the weather is so beautiful and I miss my daily walk, but it only last about 2 months for me, I am usually fine after shavuos.
Also, if I get congested, I use a netty pot. I used to love flonase until I became allergic to it!
I also take 800mg of vitamin c every day. I think it helps too.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:57 pm
Try the eye drops with antihistamine in it-Zaditor.
Also I heard that its best to rotate antihistamine drugs from season to season so now I'm using claritin but last season I went with zyrtec.

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:01 pm
My daughter is really suffering as well. I just got a prescription for Pataday eye drops from my dr but it’s available OTC as well. I wish I knew about it earlier. It’s supposed to be really good.

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:03 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:

I think you arw confusing ot with afrin. Afrin cannot be used for more than a few days. There is not problem taking flonase long term. It is not addictive at all.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:07 pm
Pataday eye drops help as does taking more than one type of pill like Zyrtec and Allegra instead of just one. My allergist also recommended xyzal which is a newer option but it didn’t work for me.
For me I just have to accept that nothing helps completely it’s just about surviving.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics