Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Machane kadosh- filter on devices
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:43 pm
Does your sons school have this rule? Did you comply? What does having a filter on my phone mean? No more imamother ? Instagram? Amazon? Etc?

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:46 pm
I have a filter, through machane kadosh.
I'm here on imamother!

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:53 pm
lol, are you an incoming parent in cb?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:56 pm
Yes

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:07 pm
Did we comply? More like, do we have a choice? It's blackmail, plain and simple. Having little to no internet works for the administration, therefore it's doable and you can make it work for you too. You have jobs that require internet use or you use online shopping, etc. to make your life easier because you work outside of your home the entire day? Not our problem but we still want our full tuition. My favorite is being told it's not blackmail, you choose to join our school then you choose to follow our rules otherwise leave. Except that you'll get the same response at every yeshivish school so either choose a MO school and let loose on other stuff to fit in there or give up functional internet so you can remain a yeshivish family.

Sorry for ranting but I'm finding this new filter to be a big inconvenience and liked the other one a little better but for some reason the school prefers machane kadosh. Because darkening the skin color on the models on zara's site is much better for my shmiras einayim. Banging head

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:11 pm
Machane Kadosh is not an actual filter. They're an organization or whatever. They're connected with other filters and companies. There should be options that work with your needs.

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:55 pm
I have it and hate it. Especially because I was forced into it. Whatever let’s not go there. Just be forewarned that if you decide to update your phone make sure everything is backed up to the cloud otherwise you’ll be in middle of updating and filter will block the update and phone will crash. You lose everything.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 10:15 am
I currently have a gentech filter. Our school is enforcing that we sign up with machane kadosh. What can I expect ? How much more Filtering will they do? Do they block youtube and whatsapp?
I'm trying to decide whether to outsmart thevsystem by switching my Sim to an old phone for the appointment and then going back to using my already filtered Gentech phone. Are there any pitfalls to that idea? Any way the school can find out?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 10:27 am
My school also just said we need to sign up with them. I'm so nervous. Don't know what to expect.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 12:25 pm
Anyone have insight?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 12:31 pm
You can have whatsapp. A lot from youtube us blocked

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 12:32 pm
I have mixed feelings about being forced. We had to do our family laptop too, and unfortunately one of my children is now out of school and spends a lot of time on the laptop, and I'm so grateful we were "forced" to filter it.

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 9:28 pm
I'm wondering if anyone knows if Bais Faiga and the Cheder are using this program? Or what other schools in Lakewood use it currently?

What I'm not understanding is that we already comply with having a filter and why would the schools be trying to micromanage everything...

I'm literally going to need to look for a way around this....no YouTube no LinkedIn...its going to be tough...

amother
Cinnamon

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 11:01 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone knows if Bais Faiga and the Cheder are using this program? Or what other schools in Lakewood use it currently?

What I'm not understanding is that we already comply with having a filter and why would the schools be trying to micromanage everything...

I'm literally going to need to look for a way around this....no YouTube no LinkedIn...its going to be tough...

They sent a letter home about mandatory yearly personal appointments with a tech guy and darkening skin tones so it certainly sounds like it’s in the cards.

amother
Banana

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 11:03 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
They sent a letter home about mandatory yearly personal appointments with a tech guy and darkening skin tones so it certainly sounds like it’s in the cards.

Very progressive of these schools 🧑🏾👧🏾

amother
Cinnamon

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 11:12 pm
amother Banana wrote:
Very progressive of these schools 🧑🏾👧🏾

Sorry they called it “shading” if that sounds better.

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 5:53 am
I wasn't aware the appointments were going to be yearly...
Anyone have an idea of how to get around this?

amother
Sand

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 6:39 am
Can you just buy a spare burner phone and bring that in to filter it?

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 6:41 am
Sure but I was told by someone in the filtering world that if there's no activity on my machine kadosh filtered phone, they will see it. They track it and then I'll get called into the school because I'm obviously using another device...

amother
Sand

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:40 am
amother Raspberry wrote:
Sure but I was told by someone in the filtering world that if there's no activity on my machine kadosh filtered phone, they will see it. They track it and then I'll get called into the school because I'm obviously using another device...

This is too far. Not ok. None of it.
Yeshivish woman here,, and none of this thread is sitting well with me
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics