Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The Most Rewarding Career in the World
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 16 2004, 10:16 am
ForeverYoung
Quote:
true, but are we responcible fo H's desisions?

Confused
Quote:
In any case, rebuilding with faulty bricks or via breaking other bricks is not constructive...

Hey, this thread was just conc bringing neshamas into the world! There are two other threads that deal with exceptions etc.

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Nov 16 2004, 11:42 am
The truth is, I'm pretty sure that people here agree that having children is wonderful, and that BC should be used when nessesary. I also believe that everybody here is so POR-bc b/c in the 'real' world this issue is covered up & the general opinoin is that BC users are not so frum. Everybody expressed their opinion that bc is nessesary in some cases. Nobody said: "well, since bc is not asur, lets just use it for the fun convenience, etc) of it.

So I'm all for big families, but I'm also all for bc when needed.

and again, I stick to this:
Quote:
rebuilding with faulty bricks or via breaking other bricks is not constructive

(notice, I supported your thred w/ those esseys, I'm all for the Jewish Children & their mothers)

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 16 2004, 11:51 am
Quote:
(notice, I supported your thred w/ those esseys, I'm all for the Jewish Children & their mothers)

I know I just guess when we spend too much time on discussing heterim (2 threads) and less time on the ideals .... this is what I felt I was counteracting,to help us refocus!

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Nov 16 2004, 12:10 pm
you know, I do not see where b/c is asur, but don't start kritisizing me for this, pls. But large families are beautiful.

I've got to tell you that most of the older women I know can't keep their hands off babies, b/c they wish they could have more. Often people don't realise what they're giving up b/c of convenience or believs untill it's too late. This happends often in the not-frum world. I had a babysitter who babyset b/c she LOVED babies & was way to old to have her own.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 16 2004, 10:21 pm
Quote:
Hey, this thread was just conc bringing neshamas into the world! There are two other threads that deal with exceptions etc.

Exactly my point Freilich

you should have left it that way, It was beautifull what you wrote untill......
back to where I started!!!

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 16 2004, 10:59 pm
Quote:
If only you had left off that sentence than what you wrote would have been beautifull. but with that one sentence you changed the whole meaning of it.

and
Quote:
but that we should be struggling and not watching out for our health because jane doe can't have kids?????

and
Quote:
to give birth just b/c you can is not a good idea.

I was thinking of bringing that up but I was chicken

So amother which is it Question.... All these 3 quotes are yours Exclamation
Confused Confused

amother

Post Tue, Nov 16 2004, 11:28 pm
well it hadn't occured to me to see your post that way untill I read that sentence.
It was that sentence that got me thinking thats what your post meant, if you hadn't said it
I would have said one thing

beautifull post Freilich

Motek

Post Wed, Nov 17 2004, 6:54 pm
WHY I LOVE MOM

Mom and Dad were watching TV when Mom said, "I'm tired, and it's getting late. I think I'll go to bed."

She went to the kitchen to make sandwiches for the next day's lunches.

Rinsed out the popcorn bowls, took meat out of the freezer for supper the following evening, checked the cereal box levels, filled the sugar container, put spoons and bowls on the table and started the coffee pot for brewing the next morning.

She then put some wet clothes in the dryer, put a load of clothes into the washer, ironed a shirt and secured a loose button.

She picked up the game pieces left on the table, put the phone back on the charger and put the telephone book into the drawer.

She watered the plants, emptied a wastebasket and hung up a towel to dry.

She yawned and stretched and headed for the bedroom. She stopped by the desk and wrote a note to the teacher, counted out some cash for the field trip, and pulled a text book out from hiding under the chair.

She signed a birthday card for a friend, addressed and stamped the envelope and wrote a quick note for the grocery store. She put both near her purse.

Mom then washed her face with 3 in 1 cleanser, put on her Night solution & age fighting moisturizer, brushed and flossed her teeth and filed her nails.

Dad called out, "I thought you were going to bed."

"I'm on my way," she said.

She put some water into the dog's dish and put the cat outside, then made sure the doors were locked and the patio light was on.

She looked in on each of the kids and turned out their bedside lamps and TV's, hung up a shirt, threw some dirty socks into the hamper, and had a brief conversation with the one up still doing homework.

In her own room, she set the alarm; laid out clothing for the next day, straightened up the shoe rack. She added three things to her 6 most important things to do list. She said her prayers, and visualized the accomplishment of her goals.

About that time, Dad turned off the TV and announced to no one in particular. "I'm going to bed."

And he did...without another thought.

Anything extraordinary here?

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 17 2004, 7:01 pm
Quote:

Why yes the women says she's going but gets sidetracked with others is selfless.The man well he does what he says but is well you know.... Very Happy
Motek whats your point
That we are supernatural, giving, worlds gift to humanity, we all know that already Very Happy

Tefila

Post Wed, Dec 08 2004, 12:08 pm
Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.

Yael

Post Wed, Dec 08 2004, 1:33 pm
Quote:

freilich, it was a rhetorical question! we all know mothers are the greatest!! 8) LOL

Motek

Post Thu, Feb 10 2005, 1:19 pm
a woman writes about leaving her job in a kiruv school to teach her own children:

http://www.ou.org/publications.....w.pdf

supermom

Post Sun, Feb 13 2005, 4:55 am
is it only me? but I think I have been seeing double lately a lot of these post I have seen written elsewhere does it make sense like for example motek you wrote that one somewhere else. Maybe I am just dreaming or something.

Frielich I have to agree with amother that maybe you should take out your last sentance when I read it at first I was taken aback by that last remark. it is a little offensive don't you think?

Tefila

Post Mon, Feb 14 2005, 4:42 am
Nope I don't think it's offensive Wink And this is an original no doubles Unless other great minds think alike. 8)

Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 14 2005, 9:51 am
I do believe that Hashem gives you what you can handle.
I know this woman who, for medical reasons, had "only" 2 children although she would have liked more. Years went by, and one of the children had many (minor, but still) health problems, and later in life, emotional problems - a real "hand full" for the mother. so, that makes me wonder, looks like there was a reason for her medical problems, which didn't allow her having more children.....
I have said it before on other threads, a mother is at her best when sane, happy and healthy - we all know that!
amother who would like more children, I really hope that things will work out for you, I.e. you will be given the opertunity to have more children, or will find peace with the fact that you can't/shouldn't.....

amother

Post Sun, May 22 2005, 12:01 pm
Our philosophy to start with should be ia"h I will be married to my husband till 120, and I will try to bring as many neshamas into the world that I can with Hashems help!
After if, medical, emotional sets in, and we can't predict tommorrow. Then our situation has to be reassesed.

But atleast if we start out with the right mindset then we will try to find ways of fulfilling it.
Theoretically I was told not to get pregnant again after my daughter for health reasons but after getting a sec opinion I did and b/came preg and have b"h beautiful twins if I had listened to this expert. I would not have had the joy and beauty and most of all the beautiful mitzvah of bringing more neshamas into this world!

frielich Wink

Motek

Post Sun, May 22 2005, 12:12 pm
amother wrote:
Freilich I liked what you wrote untill you wrote
"had to counteract those b.c threads"
at which point I felt hurt.

the b/c threads are about women who can't cope

not necessarily

some women made it clear that it's not about coping but something "everybody does" routinely or about not being ready for another child for reasons other than not being able to cope

freilich wrote:

by now, the two threads have mushroomed into ELEVEN threads:

in Health and Hygiene

1)Birth control hormones and health
2) late on pill
3) mini pill question
4) bc kosher for Pesach

in Emotional Health

5)birth control (16 pages)
6) birth control in Halacha

in Pregnancy and Childbirth

7)diaphragm question
8 ) BC for hubby's sake

Married Life

9)spermicide

Taharas Ha'Mishpacha

10) asking a rav about b/c
11) iud

Yael: other forums have sub-sections within sections
Can that be done here so all Birth Control threads can be in one place, all threads related to Nursing, related to Hair Covering, to Nausea, etc. can be grouped together?

Last edited by Motek on Mon, Jun 06 2005, 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, May 22 2005, 1:41 pm
Wow, Motek, I am impressed with your memory and orginizationa skills..it is amazing how you follow things so clsoely.this place has gotten so big I have lost track of all the threads allready

Motek

Post Sun, May 22 2005, 2:39 pm
I simply went to each section, scrolled down the list of threads, and marked down the ones on birth control. No great feat. Smile

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, May 22 2005, 8:09 pm
but it took time Wink
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics