Home

If you lost over 50 lbs....
Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Women's Health -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


mashcsch




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 5:40 pm
I lost 85 pounds almost 12 years ago. Maintaining about an 80 lb weight loss all these years. Except pregnancy and nursing gained some weight. Stayed on healthy eating plan but during nursing was a little heavier. I am a member of overeater's anonymous.
Back to top

amother




Slateblue
 

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 5:49 pm
mashcsch wrote:
I lost 85 pounds almost 12 years ago. Maintaining about an 80 lb weight loss all these years. Except pregnancy and nursing gained some weight. Stayed on healthy eating plan but during nursing was a little heavier. I am a member of overeater's anonymous.

Kol Hakavod
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 6:24 pm
mashcsch wrote:
I lost 85 pounds almost 12 years ago. Maintaining about an 80 lb weight loss all these years. Except pregnancy and nursing gained some weight. Stayed on healthy eating plan but during nursing was a little heavier. I am a member of overeater's anonymous.


Are you allowed carbs and sugars? What OA plan do you follow.
Back to top

mashcsch




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 6:40 pm
I refrain from eating sugar unless it is listed as 5th ingredient or after on the ingredients list. I eat carbs breakfast, lunch and dinner! Oats, oatbran, potatoes, sweet potatoes, brown or wild rice, barley, kasha, quinoa, whole wheat bread or crackers, etc.
Back to top

andrea levy




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 11:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What would you suggest I do? The statistics and my experience feels hopeless but my body is suffering from all this extra weight. I've been seeking out sustainability for 2 years. Everything I've tried works for 15 lbs tops than I crash and burn and regain.
It seems my choice is to cut out sugar forever or get the surgery.


I think you already know what you need to do. I think this is a case if having to choose your hard.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 12:17 am
andrea levy wrote:
I think you already know what you need to do. I think this is a case if having to choose your hard.



Ya. I'm pretty terrified though. I've fought this for so so so long.
Back to top

amother




Cappuccino
 

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 12:27 am
Have you tried intermittent fasting?

I am obese and have done yo yo dieting for years.
I have pcos.

I lost about 40 lb on intermittent fasting and have maintained it for about 2 years so far.
Back to top

amother




Snapdragon
 

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 12:40 am
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
Have you tried intermittent fasting?

I am obese and have done yo yo dieting for years.
I have pcos.

I lost about 40 lb on intermittent fasting and have maintained it for about 2 years so far.


What was your IF window and were you careful about your overall food intake as well?
Back to top

andrea levy




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 12:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ya. I'm pretty terrified though. I've fought this for so so so long.


Five plus years ago I’d never have believed that this feeling of freedom would exist. I’ve said it before that all the things aligned with me so when I started, I ate no sugar, no sweetener, no starch or fruit or grain. No one could have been more surprised than me when all the sudden I was peaceful and calm about food for the first time ever in forty five years. It’s a leap of faith but if I can do it anyone can. I had no idea that this would even be helpful in such a way.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Women's Health -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Clothes for 20 y.o. dd who lost weight
by amother
5 Sun, May 08 2022, 6:05 am View last post
So lost and don't know where to go from here
by amother
20 Fri, Apr 29 2022, 10:43 am View last post
Jersey Care, private insurance... I'm lost!
by amother
2 Mon, Apr 25 2022, 12:15 pm View last post
Lost diamond necklace
by amother
2 Thu, Apr 14 2022, 5:07 pm View last post
I’m scared, mad and lost! Son was abused
by amother
16 Tue, Apr 05 2022, 11:44 am View last post