Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Why am I grossed out from healthy food?
Previous  1  2

amother
Peru

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 11:54 am
I have a teenage daughter just like this. I feel that over time there are more and more foods added to her list of things she won’t eat.
At this point she only eats carb and once in a while veggies. Her protein consists of pizza (it’s actually pretty high in protein) and sometimes she’ll drink hot chocolate. She will not touch anything fleishig. Not even fun foods that she used to enjoy like hotdogs at a bbq or deli rolls.
The other night she walked in the kitchen and commented that it smelled so good. It was a chicken recipe with fried onions. I told her, “I’m sorry I wish I could share it with you but since you don’t want fleishigs I will have to give it to everyone else instead. Let me know if you change your mind “. Her response, “ugh chicken “ and then continued to search the pantry complaining that she’s starving and there’s nothing to eat in our house. I asked her what she would want now. She said different types of cookies and crackers.
It’s a mental health issue. She would benefit from therapy. She convinced herself that certain foods are too gross to eat.
Pesach was the worst. She wouldn’t eat any meat, chicken, fish or eggs. Every meal was basically potato kugel. And she insisted that she hates matzah when I would suggest she washed.
At this point unless she is willing to go for help, she won’t get better. I was hoping with time she’ll mature and slowly get over it but it’s just getting worse.
No solutions for you but if you can go for help now you should before it gets worse.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise