Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
What's your phobia?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 9:43 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Drinking spoiled milk. And smelling it also.
And of course snakesšŸ and ratsšŸ€.

Yes spoiled milk!

I thought I was the only one.

I am TERRIFIED of smelling or tasting spoiled milk.

I never ever smell a milk or drink if dh or ds (7) isnā€™t around to smell for me.

I hate it! Tried to overcome it, but I CANā€™T! I donā€™t know why, Iā€™m otherwise not so sensitive...

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:44 pm
Fear of public speaking

Whenever I had to get up in front of my class in high school or college for a presentation, I would always start breathing fast, my heart would start racing and my voice came out all shaky, everyone stared at me and looked so unfriendly which made me feel even worseā€¦.

I donā€™t really have to give any speeches these days bh but whenever Iā€™m in a situation where they go around the room asking everyone to introduce themselves (like at my daughtersā€™ meet the teacher nights šŸ˜¬) I have that same feeling.

honeymoon

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 11:17 pm
amother [ Poinsettia ] wrote:
Throat cultures. I can't stand the idea of a stick in my throat so I haven't had once since I was a child. If I had to get one I'd have a panic attack and would probably without thinking hit the person trying to do it. And maybe this is connected, I can't swallow pills unless they're tiny.

I don't have a fear of throat cultures but I can't have one done, as many times as I tried. I have hurt doctors in the past when I yanked their hands away from me while they were trying to swab me. It's just so painful and literally makes me gag.

checkbefore

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 11:23 pm
Wind turbines. Just seeing them on the horizon makes my heart race!
Am I the only one?

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 11:25 pm
Agoraphobia
Needles
Dentist

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 1:41 am
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
Agoraphobia
Needles
Dentist

I thought I was the only one with agoraphobia. How do you manage?

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 1:44 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I guess I'm going to be the first for mine. I don't know if you'd call it a phobia, but because I dream of it all the time, I am now scared of it happening in real life:

Showing up to work in my pajamas, or missing an article of clothing.

There. I said it. I literally I walk into work (both of my two jobs) every day and check myself from top to bottom to make sure I am fully dressed appropriately, wig included.

I had another dream like that last night.
And like many other times, in my dream, I "wake up" and realize it's not a dream, or somehow I'm "sure" that it's real. And I panic, because here I am at work in my pajamas.

a2z

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:23 am
People waving knives next to me
Do not talk to me with a knife in your hand!

a2z

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:24 am
Also I'm scared of deep water but sometimes I'll deal if needed- like flying

amother
Sand

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:26 am
I'm also scared of meeting an animal or creature when I take garbage out late at night but this is not a full fledge phobia. I still do it.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 6:03 am
ching chong wrote:
Taking out the garbage after itā€™s dark. Itā€™s a real phobia and I will never do it no matter what!
Iā€™m scared someone will attack me while Iā€™m lifting the cover of the garbage can!

I'm scared if the dark and have the same fear that I'm scared might happen to me. Can't even type the words. Scared to be awake at home alone or when kids sleeping at night and dh is ourt for same reason.

I also have horrific phobias to roach and mice. Can't believe I'm writing it.
Scared of snakes and others stuff.
Haven't slept ginnty because if roach phobia
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics