Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
What's your phobia?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 12:27 am
kenz wrote:
Rodents
Can’t even look at pictures of them
Can’t believe I’m the first person to say that

I thought I was the only one! Can't look at pictures or see them on TV. Ive actually thought about getting therapy for this.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 12:44 am
I guess I'm going to be the first for mine. I don't know if you'd call it a phobia, but because I dream of it all the time, I am now scared of it happening in real life:

Showing up to work in my pajamas, or missing an article of clothing.

There. I said it. I literally I walk into work (both of my two jobs) every day and check myself from top to bottom to make sure I am fully dressed appropriately, wig included.

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 12:45 am
Germs. Even more so since covid

zaq

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 12:57 am
amother [ Bluebell ] wrote:
I won't sit in a park by myself because someone might stab me from behind.

If I sit on a bus I will keep looking over my shoulder to see if someone might be considering killing me.

I constantly monitor the cars near me house to see if anyone is following me. I will hide or run into my house.

These are just some examples. Call it what you want Smile

That's paranoia.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 2:47 am
All of you rodent fearers, does that include guinea pigs, porcupines, squirrels, hamsters and gerbils? Or just the unsavory creatures which I won't name for your sakes that can take up residence in unwanted places as mentioned upthread?

Just so you know, pet rodents (including those) are very different to wild ones. They come in all sorts of pretty colours and can be very friendly. (Pointing this out because I wonder if your fears are of dirty, smelly, ugly things bearing infection infesting your house, or if you actually fear all rodents).

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 2:55 am
amother [ Lemonchiffon ] wrote:
All of you rodent fearers, does that include guinea pigs, porcupines, squirrels, hamsters and gerbils? Or just the unsavory creatures which I won't name for your sakes that can take up residence in unwanted places as mentioned upthread?

Just so you know, pet rodents (including those) are very different to wild ones. They come in all sorts of pretty colours and can be very friendly. (Pointing this out because I wonder if your fears are of dirty, smelly, ugly things bearing infection infesting your house, or if you actually fear all rodents).

The phobia is seeing them in my house. I've never heard of hamsters or gerbils entering homes uninvited.
My brother had a pet (white) mouse. It ate through its cage and we luckily found it. Didn't find it too friendly or pretty.

amother
Pear

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 4:51 am
Not really a phobia, but I cant stand water overflowing like a toilet or sink... I cant deal with clogged toilets if the water is till the top.

I remember as a young girl, my mother turning on the bathtub faucet, a few minutes later telling me to check on it, I was terrified to go in for fear of it being till the top or overflowing.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 5:00 am
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
Claustrophobia
Mild Agorophobia
Bridges
Tunnels under water
Flying
Escalators
Tiny elevators
Driving long distances on the freeway (as the passenger)
Driving long distances on the streets (as the driver)
Choking
Doctors

Are you me?? This is my EXACT list plus throwing up and dentists

amother
Broom

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 5:49 am
this is a great thread- thanks to whoever started it.

I have a major phobia for needles.
blood tests and shots are the worst worst worst.

maybe each group of phobias could start a support group:)

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 6:01 am
Fish also, but in aquariums. I find them sooooo creepy and I literally don’t look. The whole “underwater scene” really scares me. I don’t mind dead fish/fish counters.

Terrified of roaches. Small or big. I won’t kill them, won’t go in a room where I saw one. It’s a problem because I live in a warm climate and there are plenty of them!!

elaela

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 6:53 am
rats.
was in therapy

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 7:55 am
Throat cultures. I can't stand the idea of a stick in my throat so I haven't had once since I was a child. If I had to get one I'd have a panic attack and would probably without thinking hit the person trying to do it. And maybe this is connected, I can't swallow pills unless they're tiny.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 7:59 am
amother [ Steelblue ] wrote:
Dogs

Me too. But my fear is so bad

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 8:22 am
Heights
Dark
Immense things (very tall or deep)
Throat cultures
Throwing up
Anything touching my belly button
Hypochondria

kenz

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 8:56 pm
amother [ Poinsettia ] wrote:
I thought I was the only one! Can't look at pictures or see them on TV. Ive actually thought about getting therapy for this.

Me too, except therapy for phobias usually includes exposure and nope, nope, nope, nope, not gonna do that.

kenz

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 8:58 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
The phobia is seeing them in my house. I've never heard of hamsters or gerbils entering homes uninvited.
My brother had a pet (white) mouse. It ate through its cage and we luckily found it. Didn't find it too friendly or pretty.

Ew, ew, ew, ew, and ew. None of those in my house - not even bunny rabbits. They are rodents too. Eeeeeeew. I will leave first. (And have been known to do so.)

kenz

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 8:59 pm
amother [ Lemonchiffon ] wrote:

Meant to respond to this one before but my response applies to both:
Ew, ew, ew, ew, and ew. None of those in my house - not even bunny rabbits. They are rodents too. Eeeeeeew. I will leave first. (And have been known to do so.)

kenz

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 9:00 pm
And all you people who claim to share this phobia that I shall not mention:
Stop putting pictures please!!!!!

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 9:14 pm
amother [ Wallflower ] wrote:
OMG, yeah, me too! Lots of little holes! Never knew it has a name!

What does that mean? What kind of holes? Where?

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 9:37 pm
amother [ SandyBrown ] wrote:
Me too. But my fear is so bad

So is mine
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics