Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Front car seat

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 7:32 pm
My baby just turned one, and I want to switch to a front car seat instead of the Fiona which is rear facing.
Any recommendations?

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 7:36 pm
Idk what the laws are where you live but in nj you can only turn them around from age 2 but they should be rear facing for as long as possible. Its way safer

challahchallah

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 7:37 pm
It’s too early to switch to front facing. Kids should rear face ideally until 4, but certainly beyond 1. Depending on where you live, turning them around this early may even be illegal.

What you want is a convertible car seat that can start rear facing but you’ll be able to flip around later. I am very happy with the Nuna Rava.

LittleDucky

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 7:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby just turned one, and I want to switch to a front car seat instead of the Fiona which is rear facing.
Any recommendations?

Where do you live? In many states it is illegal to switch to forward facing until age 2. Either way it is not as safe to be Forward facing too young and it is highly recommended they shouldnt do that until they are 2 or outgrow the rear facing carseat even if the law is different in your state.
What car seat you choose when you decide to forward face would depend on your car (if you have a smaller car vs a minivan), size of your child, if you need 3 across, and if you want to keep the same car seat through booster or get a new one when switching to a high back booster.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 7:38 pm
You shouldn't turn your baby before 2. Most places are changing the law to reflect that. Either way it's not safe for the baby and in a car accident they are more injured forward facing than rear facing before 2. She goes through all the different car seats. https://thecarseatlady.com/car.....uide/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics