Home

Camp bag
Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Mint
 

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 6:13 am
Where do you live You can buy any bag and have her name put on it and makes a great gift
Back to top

amother




Pansy
 

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 6:31 am
You don’t really need a brand name Fanny pack. My daughter from Lakewood brought a tie dye Fanny pack from target and got so many compliments

Something like this:

https://www.claires.com/us/spi.....w_wcB


Also they bring little knapsacks for trips or for the bus like this:

https://www.claires.com/us/bla.....w_wcB
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:17 am
Thanks.
I didnt realize that the mini backpacks are still popular.

emee, you said that you bought your daughter things to fit in with the in town crowd. aside from the fanny pack and adidas bag, what are some other things you bought in that category?
Back to top

Chayalle




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 12:16 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
You don’t really need a brand name Fanny pack. My daughter from Lakewood brought a tie dye Fanny pack from target and got so many compliments

Something like this:

https://www.claires.com/us/spi.....w_wcB


Also they bring little knapsacks for trips or for the bus like this:

https://www.claires.com/us/bla.....w_wcB


My daughter has similar items to these, for CBY. Non-designer, just cute and fun without breaking the bank. I don't even remember where she got them. Either Marshalls, Aliexpress, or Amazon most likely.....
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 12:36 pm
I clicked on the mini backpack link again and see that it is a crossbody mini backpack. I never saw that before, kind of cute. Is that what's in?
Anyone get a good one on amazon? Links?
Back to top

emee2




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:


emee, you said that you bought your daughter things to fit in with the in town crowd. aside from the fanny pack and adidas bag, what are some other things you bought in that category?


Monte Carlo skirts
Cute linens
Adidas sneakers and slides
Natives

Those are probably the main things I can think of. I did make a few food mistakes so this year I’m sending cereal, tradition soup, chips and salsa, big bags of nosh.
Back to top

amother




Pansy
 

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:12 pm
Also autograph pillow
Throw blanket
Cute towels
Laundry bag

Custom shop has packages

https://thecustomshoppeonline.......html
Back to top

amother




Firethorn
 

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:21 pm
emee2 wrote:
Monte Carlo skirts
Cute linens
Adidas sneakers and slides
Natives

Those are probably the main things I can think of. I did make a few food mistakes so this year I’m sending cereal, tradition soup, chips and salsa, big bags of nosh.


Which style adidas sneakers?
Back to top

amother




Marigold
 

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 5:05 pm
Firstly this chat is such a help. Second I got a link to what'sap chat of people helping out with camp tips

https://chat.whatsapp.com/EDyu.....RrpJY
Back to top

amother




Wheat
 

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:48 pm
I joined the group but now I'm worried about what I missed previously!
Any good tips or links to share?
Back to top

Skippy!!




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:26 pm
https://www.gap.com/browse/pro.....ntent
Back to top

emee2




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 8:20 am
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
Which style adidas sneakers?


adidas Women's Grand Court... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K.....share
Back to top

emee2




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 8:23 am
Skippy!! wrote:
https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=811613#pdp-page-content


This is so cute!!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:18 am
Thanks for all the replies. I think I am getting the idea for fanny packs and trip bags, but what do the girls take on the bus on the way to camp? same little bags?
Back to top

emee2




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 1:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. I think I am getting the idea for fanny packs and trip bags, but what do the girls take on the bus on the way to camp? same little bags?


My daughter took a school backpack and she said that’s what most girls had.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 7:19 pm
thanks emee- is that for the bus to camp or for trips or both?
Back to top

emee2




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 4:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks emee- is that for the bus to camp or for trips or both?


Thats for thé bus to camp. For trips they had the adidas drawstring bag. I posted the link above.
Back to top

Chayalle




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 5:09 am
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
Also autograph pillow
Throw blanket
Cute towels
Laundry bag

Custom shop has packages

https://thecustomshoppeonline.......html


They so do not need matched up stuff like this. Just creates peer pressure. My DD does have a cozy blanket (Bas Mitzva gift from a friend) but takes regular beach towels, standard drawstring laundry bag, nothing crazy.

In general, they need some things, but no need to go crazy.
Back to top

amother




Aquamarine
 

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:54 am
They really really don't need those matching sets. I bought that kind of stuff for my daughter the first summer she went to overnight camp. But the next year, she wouldn't bring any of it and asked for plain things because it was already babyish or whatever word she used.
Back to top

Rene:)




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 7:33 am
So nice that you want to make sure your daughter fits in. The little things can make such a difference to teenage girl and you don't have to "break bank". All the ideas posted seem spot on and not over the top. Good luck!
Back to top
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping

Related Topics Replies Last Post
What does camp no packages policy exactly mean??
by amother
20 Today at 7:53 am View last post
Did you send a camp package yet?
by amother
11 Today at 12:43 am View last post
Library book bag/box
by amother
1 Yesterday at 7:01 am View last post
Girls camp for next year 34 Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:13 pm View last post
How do you address a package or letter to camp?
by amother
3 Mon, Jun 27 2022, 9:48 pm View last post