Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Light blue dress for bris/pidyon haben
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:40 am
Hi, can anyone help me out? Trying to find a formal light blue dress either long or short. I’m going to be around size 4 after giving birth. Any links would be so helpful!!!

Rubies

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:43 am
Stopped reading after size 4 post-birth.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:44 am
Not to be mean but how do you know what size you will be after birth (especially) if this is your first? I was actually down to my prebirth weight at pidyon haben but my boobs were bigger due to nursing so I needed an outfit with a looser top

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:55 am
I would buy something that is a looser style as it’s hard to know what size you’ll be. I agree that the top especially needs to be looser. I bought a shirt dress for my sons Bris- it was a looser style shirt dress that tied at the waist so it had some extra room.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 10:45 am
amother [ Butterscotch ] wrote:
Not to be mean but how do you know what size you will be after birth (especially) if this is your first? I was actually down to my prebirth weight at pidyon haben but my boobs were bigger due to nursing so I needed an outfit with a looser top

Sorry I really didn’t mean to be insensitive regarding sizing. I’m a size 4/6 now before birth so I’m assuming I’ll be size 4 after birth. I’m actually tiny on top so even if my boobs get bigger, it’s still Gona fit into a size 4 which I usually have to take in the top.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:10 am
I just ordered this not sure how ill be I am 6 months pregnant and looking for my son's upsherin
Maybe it would work for you
After I get it I can tell you how it is
https://m.shein.com/us/Solid-B.....t=mus

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sorry I really didn’t mean to be insensitive regarding sizing. I’m a size 4/6 now before birth so I’m assuming I’ll be size 4 after birth. I’m actually tiny on top so even if my boobs get bigger, it’s still Gona fit into a size 4 which I usually have to take in the top.

How far along into pregnancy are you? It’s really hard to know. I’m a size xs/00 and a 32a. In my seventh month now and carrying small but my bra size went up to 32D! Also when milk comes in most get engorged. You may still have a stomach because it takes time for the uterus to shrink back down. Basically impossible to know now what will look nice after birth. With my first I had a hard time figuring out what to wear for the bris, I went through all my outfits the night before and chose what looked best. By the pidyon haben I wore one of my sheva brachos dresses, but not everyone gets that small that fast (or ever!). Your body shape may change.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:44 am
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
How far along into pregnancy are you? It’s really hard to know. I’m a size xs/00 and a 32a. In my seventh month now and carrying small but my bra size went up to 32D! Also when milk comes in most get engorged. You may still have a stomach because it takes time for the uterus to shrink back down. Basically impossible to know now what will look nice after birth. With my first I had a hard time figuring out what to wear for the bris, I went through all my outfits the night before and chose what looked best. By the pidyon haben I wore one of my sheva brachos dresses, but not everyone gets that small that fast (or ever!). Your body shape may change.

I’m giving birth this week iyh.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:45 am
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
I just ordered this not sure how ill be I am 6 months pregnant and looking for my son's upsherin
Maybe it would work for you
After I get it I can tell you how it is
https://m.shein.com/us/Solid-B.....t=mus

Thank you!

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 10:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m giving birth this week iyh.

So order some returnable options that look loose and forgiving. I personally wouldn’t buy something new for the bris, you’ll wear it only once. A lot of people wear early maternity

amother
Currant

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 10:58 pm
Are you the same op that is starting all the pidyon haben threads?
Just a warning if you didn’t give birth yet you don’t know for sure that there will be a pidyon haben.

I just wore one of my regular shabbos outfits and so did my friend who made a pidyon haben.

MommyPhD

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:12 pm
https://jessakae.com/products/.....D_BwE

Top is stretchy

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:14 pm
amother [ Currant ] wrote:
Are you the same op that is starting all the pidyon haben threads?
Just a warning if you didn’t give birth yet you don’t know for sure that there will be a pidyon haben.

I just wore one of my regular shabbos outfits and so did my friend who made a pidyon haben.

Nope, but thanks for letting me know there are threads. Will go check them out! 😂

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:15 pm
Your body changes completely. Bigger hips, back, chest, especialy when nursing.
Would be nice to go back to my size 4 size lol

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:15 pm
Right idk if there will be pidyon haben which is why I wrote a dress for bris/pidyon haben.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:16 pm
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:

I actually don’t plan on nursing..

MommyPhD

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:17 pm
https://www.ingridandisabel.co.....D_BwE

This is maternity but I think it would look like a normal dress after birth also.

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:18 pm
If you’re planning to breastfeed I’d be looking for a shirt dress.
I always nursed my babies straight after their bris to comfort them, lifting up a whole dress or lowering the whole front can be really annoying. Especially if it’s a first baby and mother and baby are still getting used to the whole nursing thing.

Edited to add - just saw that you’re not planning to breastfeed

amother
Currant

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:23 pm
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:

So true! After I had my baby I needed new underwear because my hips had changed position.
Although I’m not a fan of flowy dresses I suggest you get one.
Also you never know when the bris will be shabbos or on time or not. Hopefully on time!

DustyDiamonds

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:23 pm
https://udelny.com/collections.....53334

https://udelny.com/collections.....06870

They come in a few colors, if you don’t see light blue when clicking.

Bshaah Tova!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics