Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Should I be concerned?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 7:04 am
I was doing tummy time with my 4 month old, daiperless, and I noticed that her butt crack is straight and then goes crooked at the top. It looks like a slanted line. Very obviously crooked butt crack.
According to google results it can be nothing or it can be spinal issues. I would think if there was anything wrong it would have come up in one of the 3 ultrasounds during pregnancy. She is hitting milestones Baruch Hashem.
I will bring it up at the next doctors appointment but I was wondering if anyones baby has/had this and what is it? And should I be very concerned?

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 8:24 am
Yeah my ds has this. He also has 2 sacral dimples, which is more worrying than just a crooked butt crack. They did an ultrasound when he was a few weeks old and said the spine is closed and it's fine. I think it's just one of those things.
If your dd is hitting her milestones I really wouldn't be concerned. It's unlikely to be an issue.

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 8:27 am
One of my children has this. It's just a cosmetic issue. They don't know about it as they don't have access to that view unless they take a mirror.

Last edited by amother on Mon, May 16 2022, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 8:27 am
My kids had this too. You end up do a quick ultrasound, It's almost always nothing on its own. Not a big deal unless there's some other issue or concern.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics