Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Outdoor gas grill. Worth it?
1  2  Next

Mamuka

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 1:41 pm
Thinking of buying one, but not sure it's worth it.
Do you use yours and enjoy it often in nice weather?
Is it hard to clean/maintain?
Which one would you recommend under $200?
I hate having stuff I don't use enough, so I'm very unsure.

bassarah

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 1:42 pm
We love ours and use it plenty. And we paid under $200 for it (pre inflation at least).

ETA it’s a charbroil.

Last edited by bassarah on Mon, May 16 2022, 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Window

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 1:43 pm
$100 from Costco I think

BatyaEsther

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:02 pm
Never use it.
DH doesn’t do the grilling and I am inside washing/cutting vegetables (even if everything is raw- not to mention if I am cooking rice or pasta or anything on the cooktop or in the oven) it is too hard for me to be both inside and get stuff done and outside monitoring the grill at the same time. It ends up taking 2x as long.

justforfun87

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:03 pm
My husband mans the grill but the food that comes off of it is incredible. I don't know how you can replicate that taste in a kitchen. Last night he made chicken thighs and corn on the grill. YUM!

Mamuka

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:10 pm
Thanks for replying.

Getting some mixed messages here.

Need some more input!

My DH will not be the one manning it as he comes home late and ready to eat, not make the food.

Blessing1

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:14 pm
We grill afew times a week basically from pesach to sukkos. Quick and easy dinner.

ProudJew

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:16 pm
Mamuka wrote:
Thanks for replying.

Getting some mixed messages here.

Need some more input!

My DH will not be the one manning it as he comes home late and ready to eat, not make the food.

In that case I would only recommend getting it if you have a patio right near the kitchen that you can go in out easily. Unless you have time to kill then you can prepare everything earlier and go out to grill afterwards.

twolilgirlies

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:17 pm
Also would love to read more input. Most of my neighbors have one and use it almost daily but its the husbands that do it.

If I'd buy one it would be me using it.

also, if anyone can link suggestions to purchase.

sky

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:18 pm
We use it mostly Sunday as a family super activity.
Just for that it is worth it.
My kitchen is far from patio so for me not practical to use every night.

Mamuka

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:20 pm
My patio is off my kitchen. I guess that helps

jewishmom6

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:22 pm
Anyone have one to link that they are happy with? There are so many options.

naturelover

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:29 pm
I grill all the time in the summer. My dh isn't usually home when I'm grilling. It's no big deal...I find it easier than cooking.

Mamuka

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:30 pm
naturelover wrote:
I grill all the time in the summer. My dh isn't usually home when I'm grilling. It's no big deal...I find it easier than cooking.

Thank you!
If you have a few would you tell me which grill you own and if you're happy with it, and if you wanna be really nice, share some grilling tips/ secrets!

naturelover

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:35 pm
Mamuka wrote:
Thank you!
If you have a few would you tell me which grill you own and if you're happy with it, and if you wanna be really nice, share some grilling tips/ secrets!

I have a weber. Charbroil is cheaper and good too. Heat it up well, clean it with a grill brush, and put down the food. Check on it and turn it over every few minutes. We like plain foods so I just season the chicken/meat with olive oil, garlic, salt etc... it's really simple. I'm sure you can find more complex recipes online.

Mamuka

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:38 pm
Thank you!

Oldest

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:42 pm
I grew up having a grill. We used it every Sunday that the weather was warm. I loved it! I can't wait until we have the space and I will definitely be getting one! There is nothing like a BBQ!!!

perquacky

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:55 pm
I'm in the market for a new gas grill.

DH prefers the type that uses charcoal briquettes. He claims they make the food taste better, and I'm not going to argue. And he's the one who does the barbecuing.

I told him that I'd like to barbecue once in a while, and I don't have the patience to dump in new briquettes, start the fire, and clean out the ashes afterward.

He and I are going shopping soon. If we find something good and inexpensive, I'll report back.
It'll have to live on the back patio next to the charcoal grill and the new smoker, so it won't be a very large one.

Now I wish we had a gas line out back. I hate going to Home Depot to replace the propane tanks. But that's a discussion for another time.

ez-pass

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 4:09 pm
I have a weber. I use it probably a couple times a week the entire year. Mine is 12 years old and going strong. Personally if I was buying one I would only go with a Weber.
I grill on it more than dh does but we definitely both use it plenty.

yiddishmom

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 4:46 pm
I use the grill very often. Even in cold weather.

It's so quick and easy. And delicious.

I'm usually the one grilling. Not my husband.

My grill is on the deck that's right off the kitchen. Might be worth thinking about location...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars