Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
2 year old playgroup

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 8:22 pm
Hi I’m thinking of starting a playgroup for two year olds and I have a bunch of questions.

I want to do a small group without an assistant how many kids should I have? five?

How much can I charge?

What are the typical hours?

What is a typical schedule?

What do I provide and what do the kids bring?

What are things I should have for the playgroup (ex table chairs toys etc)

Thanks in advance I’ll ask more as I think of them. I really want to do it. I just want to know what it entails to see if I can do it.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 8:32 pm
My 2 year old has 1 teacher, a class of 10 kids. This is normal in my community. (I'm uneasy about it but this is how it is. Her husband works from home so there's another adult in case of emergency.) They get lunch & snacks. We just need to send daipers and wipes. They have great toys, little tables & chairs, a fish tank & parakeets. (A great bonus!)
Hours are Monday-Thursday 10-3, no Fridays. I pay $325 a month.
Daily schedule is davening, exercise, they do a craft/activity every day and they learn something new every day. (Parsha, yom tov, colors, alef beis, sefira.....) there's also nap time and story time.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 8:56 pm
Where are you located?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:32 pm
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:
My 2 year old has 1 teacher, a class of 10 kids. This is normal in my community. (I'm uneasy about it but this is how it is. Her husband works from home so there's another adult in case of emergency.) They get lunch & snacks. We just need to send daipers and wipes. They have great toys, little tables & chairs, a fish tank & parakeets. (A great bonus!)
Hours are Monday-Thursday 10-3, no Fridays. I pay $325 a month.
Daily schedule is davening, exercise, they do a craft/activity every day and they learn something new every day. (Parsha, yom tov, colors, alef beis, sefira.....) there's also nap time and story time.

Thanks so much, this was helpful. I was thinking 9:30-3:30 with an option of of 9:00-4:00.
Would I be able to charge more if I have less kids?
What kind of crafts does your kid do?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:34 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Where are you located?

New York

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much, this was helpful. I was thinking 9:30-3:30 with an option of of 9:00-4:00.
Would I be able to charge more if I have less kids?
What kind of crafts does your kid do?

My son doesn't have on Friday, if you do Fridays, you can charge more. ($375-$400 is within the normal price range.) If you have less kids, I think you can charge even more because people are probably willing to pay more for a smaller ratio. I was ready to pay but all groups in my area are 10 kids.
They do crafts according to the parsha or according to whatever they're learning. They also do coloring, dot paint, large foam shapes stickers....

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 12:10 am
Legal where I live is 1:6 ratio
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics