Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cancelling Flight reservations

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 9:54 am
I want to book tickets to Israel for October. I want to book it now as it gets more pricey closer to the traveling date.
If something comes up and we can't go, is there a way to cancel the reservations for a refund? Is there any type of travel insurance I can purchase along with my ticket to be able to cancel if I need to?
ex:
If I get pregnant with a high risk pregnancy, will I be able to cancel?
If a family member gets ill ch"v and I need to stay with them, will they let me cancel?

Has anyone ever needed to change plans after booking tickets? what did you do? TIA!

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 9:58 am
I don’t know the full answer but I do know virtually all airlines will give you credit at the very least.

amother
Holly

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:01 am
Usually you can buy flight insurance when you book the tickets. I’m not 100% what’s included in that (full refund, credit, cancelation up til day of travel etc) but it should say in the terms and conditions.

amother
Dill

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:11 am
Use a good travel agent and pay for travel insurance.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I want to book tickets to Israel for October. I want to book it now as it gets more pricey closer to the traveling date.
If something comes up and we can't go, is there a way to cancel the reservations for a refund? Is there any type of travel insurance I can purchase along with my ticket to be able to cancel if I need to?
ex:
If I get pregnant with a high risk pregnancy, will I be able to cancel?
If a family member gets ill ch"v and I need to stay with them, will they let me cancel?

Has anyone ever needed to change plans after booking tickets? what did you do? TIA!

You must check with the airline. The more expensive tickets (business class etc) are more flexible than the cheap ones.
If you fly a low cost airline you better check very very carefully what the terms and conditions are.
Speak to your travel agent and insurance agent.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:19 am
Thanks everyone for replying!

I'm want to travel with Elal, if that matters.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:20 am
It depends on the ticket type. Don't order anything without reading the fine print.

doctorima

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:28 am
Standard travel insurance has very specific rules about what's covered. There are "cancel for any reason" policies, but a) they are quite expensive, and b) they typically only refund about 75% of your costs, not the full value of the ticket. Most airlines these days give you credit that's good for 12 months.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics