Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Problems with contact lenses

lotus2525

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:47 am
I’ve been wearing contacts for the past decade with no problems at all. Lately they’ve been bothering me a lot, my eyes are itchy and dry when I wear them for more than a few hours. Come evening and I’m barely functioning because I can’t see! What can this be and what can I do?

Smile1234

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 4:09 am
Your eyes may just be very dry. If you’re pregnant or nursing it’s even more likely.

lotus2525

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 4:58 am
Smile1234 wrote:
Your eyes may just be very dry. If you’re pregnant or nursing it’s even more likely.

Yes, I’m nursing. Never heard that it affects the eyes! Anything I can do?

Rubies

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:27 am
I've had that when using a different version of solution.

girli

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:40 am
I had exactly the same problem and I've been wearing contacts for 15 years plus. Went to the optician and had a contact lense appointment. They said my eyes were inflammed which was causing the itchiness so they prescribed drops which I needed for a week and couldn't wear contacts during the time. They also gave me different drops that I put in my eyes upto 3 times a day and it stops the dryness. BH it's been working amazingly.

Smile1234

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:01 am
girli wrote:
I had exactly the same problem and I've been wearing contacts for 15 years plus. Went to the optician and had a contact lense appointment. They said my eyes were inflammed which was causing the itchiness so they prescribed drops which I needed for a week and couldn't wear contacts during the time. They also gave me different drops that I put in my eyes upto 3 times a day and it stops the dryness. BH it's been working amazingly.

Very similar story to mine!
Yes op, nursing takes a lot of moisture from you including eyes!!

Pink Flamingo

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:38 am
I have suffered a lot from my contact lenses, but I have finally figured out a routine that enables me to wear them comfortably (I absolutely hate glasses, I'm sensory and don't like things on my face).

1. I switched to dailies. It makes a huge difference to put in a fresh clean pair every day.
2. I put in systane balance eyedrops every night for dryness
3. I put in pataday eyedrops every morning for allergies, itchiness
4. I use hydrochlor allergy lid scrubs and ocusoft spray (I dont remember if that's exactly what it's called) to clean and soothe the eye area from allergens

lotus2525

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 6:18 pm
girli wrote:

Is Any optician fine or does it have to be someone that specializes in the health of the eye? Can anyone recommend a doc in Jerusalem or Brooklyn?

lotus2525

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 6:19 pm
Pink Flamingo wrote:
I have suffered a lot from my contact lenses, but I have finally figured out a routine that enables me to wear them comfortably (I absolutely hate glasses, I'm sensory and don't like things on my face).

1. I switched to dailies. It makes a huge difference to put in a fresh clean pair every day.
2. I put in systane balance eyedrops every night for dryness
3. I put in pataday eyedrops every morning for allergies, itchiness
4. I use hydrochlor allergy lid scrubs and ocusoft spray (I dont remember if that's exactly what it's called) to clean and soothe the eye area from allergens

Wow! That’s a lot! I’ll see which of those I can implement. Thanks for sharing
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics