Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
The Birdie Series- by me

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 5:44 am
Episode 1:

Mr & Mrs Birdie are currently on my windowsil,, calling "Tzippy? Dovy?"
What they don't know is that the 3 day old twins visited me earlier this morning. Tzippy & Dovy were looking for their parents. It was dark, and there were so many different windowsills. How should the little twins know which one has become their home just recently.
The two pairs are still looking for eachother. Mr Birdie heard little Deeni whimpering for her bottle and mistakened her cry for little Tzippy. He then banged his feather into the window which scared little Deeni and she began to cry. Luckily there was a pacifier available on hand and Deeni calmed down.
Since Mr and Mrs Birdie flew off 3 minutes ago, I don't have any updates yet. Yet I can assure you, I'm glad they are off my windowsills because the tooting was becoming a "pane".
Heading back to sink into my dreams once again

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 5:49 am
Episode 2:
I awaken to a choir of bleeps. It sounds like they are all bleating out the same song. I turn off my noise machine, stop and listen. Yes! It's the familiar tune of Modeh Ani.
I wash my hands quickly and silently and then began to sing and pray together with Mr & Mrs Birdie and their young.
What a glorious morning.
The dark blue sky beginning to lighten up, the numbers on the clock begin to tick by faster, the song they sing begins to pipe down.
All at once, they stop.

The sun rises in the sky and the birds are silent. They remain perched in their spot and just observe the men as they start to leave their houses for shul.

It's not bad to be woken up so early to feed the baby.
It's a beautiful experience.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 6:49 am
I'm really enjoying reading your Birds series.
You put it down in such a beautiul manner, mesmerizing in fact.
And since I also have a nest with pigeons on my windowsill, I can sink into your words until they become real for me.

I look forward to the next installment...

Smile

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 4:51 pm
No word on the Birdies this morning.
I hope they were sheltered and okay in this mornings downpour
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club