Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Creative high level Job!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:44 am
balance wrote:
OP is there any way I can contact you? I have an idea but don't want to put it out here.

Here we go. You can email
Creativelyme23@yahoo.com

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:47 am
Thank you for the congratulations. The same to you!
Cant wait to meet Hi
What day, time and location works for you?
I B"H have a very flexible schedule these days
JWE is new to me as well.
Does anyone have more info?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:51 am
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
Thank you for the congratulations. The same to you!
Cant wait to meet Hi
What day, time and location works for you?
I B"H have a very flexible schedule these days
JWE is new to me as well.
Does anyone have more info?

Can u email me and we’ll schedule?
Creativelyme23@yahoo.com

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:54 am
https://www.thejewishwomanentrepreneur.org/

And thank you OP for the inspiration!

miami85

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:56 am
Your post has me intrigued, I'm curious as to what kind of industry/business you have created that works so well as you described. I'm in a career that I like but I hate where my field is going but not sure where to go. I would love to hear from you how to go about opening a successful business (I have some ideas but nervous about taking the plunge if it's worth the initial startup).

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 12:56 pm
miami85 wrote:
Your post has me intrigued, I'm curious as to what kind of industry/business you have created that works so well as you described. I'm in a career that I like but I hate where my field is going but not sure where to go. I would love to hear from you how to go about opening a successful business (I have some ideas but nervous about taking the plunge if it's worth the initial startup).

I'd rather not give myself away, I'm pretty well known in my industry.
But just know that it's not necessarily my specific business, it didn't become successful overnight. I'm doing it many years now and built it up.
I'm more hesitant to give you advice to invest lots of money. I'm more into putting in time, and seeing what happens, rather than taking a financial risk.
Yes, I know some businesses involve financial risk, but there are other ways to do it without investing your own money.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so much those are really really good questions! I need to think about those but that is really really helpful.
As far as mentoring, that’s actually one of the parts that I dread. Banging head
I do love teaching, and I actually was a teacher for a couple years, but now I find that I just don’t have patience for people that want an easy fix and are not willing to build their business with good old-fashioned hard work :-) I’ve given quite a few online courses and also just did not find the fulfillment from there.
Hmmm you’ve given me some food for thought. Thank you!!
Any other wisdom to share ? Very Happy

Within your current business now, is there any room to add a chesed/tzedakah branch or element? You can expand your business while at the same time, providing for a need in your community which can take a great amount of creativity and sipuk hanefesh knowing that you are making a real difference. I've seen very successful business owners take their business to the next level by adding the tzedakah component. Just a general example would be a sheitelmacher who sells sheitels and on the side, she or in conjuction with another person, opens up a sheitel gemach of wigs with factory mess-ups or used wigs. It's a simple example, but if you look around, there are many people in our community who take their success and use it to better our community. I think it may provide the creativity and contentment you are looking for, and there may even be a way to also profit even further. Good luck!

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:05 pm
OP I think you might be an excellent business coach to orthodox women running a business and a family and home on their own.

Take on one or 2 at a time. Incorporate in your work. Use your skills and creative problem solving to help less sure footed working moms.

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:15 pm
OP,
You mentioned earlier that you thought about real estate, but this isn’t a good time in the Lakewood market. Could you elaborate? I see prices soaring every day (which isn’t good for me, since I’m looking to buy. But that’s something else.) Did you mean not a good time for working in real estate, or for buying investment properties?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:27 pm
Op I understand a lot what you are going through.
My husband has something not sure what was never officially diagnosed. Never worked at a job for very long and when he did he never reached a potential I feel he could of if he would put in the effort.
I too had a business that was taking off but had to shut it down because my husband was interfering wanting my attention when I was busy and didn’t like when I was busy and was not supportive at all and I couldn’t do it by myself.
I admire you so much because despite the obstacles you managed to have a successful business.
I realized working for people that I need to work for myself and I would like to open up a business again but without my husbands emotional support I keep having doubts.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:34 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Within your current business now, is there any room to add a chesed/tzedakah branch or element? You can expand your business while at the same time, providing for a need in your community which can take a great amount of creativity and sipuk hanefesh knowing that you are making a real difference. I've seen very successful business owners take their business to the next level by adding the tzedakah component. Just a general example would be a sheitelmacher who sells sheitels and on the side, she or in conjuction with another person, opens up a sheitel gemach of wigs with factory mess-ups or used wigs. It's a simple example, but if you look around, there are many people in our community who take their success and use it to better our community. I think it may provide the creativity and contentment you are looking for, and there may even be a way to also profit even further. Good luck!

That's a beautiful idea. I really love it and will try to see how I can incorporate that angle. Thank you!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:36 pm
amother [ Blueberry ] wrote:
OP,
You mentioned earlier that you thought about real estate, but this isn’t a good time in the Lakewood market. Could you elaborate? I see prices soaring every day (which isn’t good for me, since I’m looking to buy. But that’s something else.) Did you mean not a good time for working in real estate, or for buying investment properties?

Honestly, take what I'm saying with a grain of salt because I haven't done enough research, but from what I'm hearing there just aren't that many houses to sell. Huge demand, crazy high prices, but no houses. That would make it really hard to build up a real estate business right now.
Again, I don't know the business, so I could be totally wrong, but it doesn't seem like more agents would be needed right now.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:37 pm
amother [ Thistle ] wrote:
OP I think you might be an excellent business coach to orthodox women running a business and a family and home on their own.

Take on one or 2 at a time. Incorporate in your work. Use your skills and creative problem solving to help less sure footed working moms.

Thanks, I do a lot of business coaching now, but I'm pretty burnt out. Looking for something else. But thank you

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 6:21 pm
As a business owner I say this. It can be pretty boring at the top, especially if you don't have support from your spouse, where you can bounce ideas off him or get encouragement.

If you don't want to get a partner, can you collaborate with another person on a project related to your business. I don't know what field you are in, but if you sell a product, can you come up with something related and work with someone else?

Seems to me that you need some exciting people on your team. You sound like a wonderful person. Perhaps we should collaborate...

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 6:32 pm
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
As a business owner I say this. It can be pretty boring at the top, especially if you don't have support from your spouse, where you can bounce ideas off him or get encouragement.

If you don't want to get a partner, can you collaborate with another person on a project related to your business. I don't know what field you are in, but if you sell a product, can you come up with something related and work with someone else?

Seems to me that you need some exciting people on your team. You sound like a wonderful person. Perhaps we should collaborate...

Yes! I think u hit the nail on the head. Every word.
And yes! I wld love to collaborate. Can you email me? Let’s see what we can come up with together.
Creativelyme23@yahoo.com

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:43 pm
Create a new line of women's clothing, be a fashion designer! I'm bored with most frum clothes stores already!

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes! I think u hit the nail on the head. Every word.
And yes! I wld love to collaborate. Can you email me? Let’s see what we can come up with together.
Creativelyme23@yahoo.com

Great. Will reach out tomorrow.
Who knows...

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Honestly, take what I'm saying with a grain of salt because I haven't done enough research, but from what I'm hearing there just aren't that many houses to sell. Huge demand, crazy high prices, but no houses. That would make it really hard to build up a real estate business right now.
Again, I don't know the business, so I could be totally wrong, but it doesn't seem like more agents would be needed right now.

I don’t that’s what the poster meant about investing in real estate. Maybe research it. There are lots of commercial real estate investments and deals around. Not sure it will help you with being fulfilled tho. Just commenting on this angle.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:07 pm
amother [ Burntblack ] wrote:
I don’t that’s what the poster meant about investing in real estate. Maybe research it. There are lots of commercial real estate investments and deals around. Not sure it will help you with being fulfilled tho. Just commenting on this angle.

Right, 2 different things.
One is being a real estate agent- that’s what I was referring to.
The other is investing in real estate- that’s not my thing. Don’t know anything abt investments. I agree that won’t fulfill me:-)

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:09 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:
Create a new line of women's clothing, be a fashion designer! I'm bored with most frum clothes stores already!

Lol that’s an idea but I don’t know the first thing about fashion design ! Maybe someone in the fashion industry can give it a go Very Happy
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics