Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
S/o meals postpartum

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:27 am
These threads reminded me that I had a really traumatic experience receiving a meal once. It was a few trays, I think chicken, rice, a vegetable maybe can’t remember exactly. But it was all covered in flies! It was horrible! I threw out the whole thing and had flies all over my house. It looked fresh and was hot so I don’t understand how that was even possible. They gave it to me directly in my hands so it wasn’t sitting outside. I still shudder thinking about it. Anyone have any explanation for the flies? I always wondered about that.

amother
Brass

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:30 am
Puke that is weird! Maybe the flies got in the food in the car?

amother
Brass

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:36 am
We were offered dinner and were asked what time we'd like it. I said between 5-6. We're waiting and waiting. The kids were hungry and tired. We gave them sandwiches and put them to bed. Finally at 7:45, the women calls us that the food is ready & if we can come pick it up! No apology for being late..... DH went to pick it up and walked in with 2 egg boxes (this was dinner for 4 people) of the most gourmet food I've ever seen, packaged very elegantly. It was probably a 10 course meal, with 2 types of each food & printed menu cards. I wanted to cry. Don't send me gourmet fancy food that you can't have ready on time. If you really want to help me, send me a basic hearty meal on time! Then she texts me that she'll be waiting to hear how much we enjoyed the meal because her family got cereal and noodle soup for dinner......

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:46 am
amother [ Brass ] wrote:
We were offered dinner and were asked what time we'd like it. I said between 5-6. We're waiting and waiting. The kids were hungry and tired. We gave them sandwiches and put them to bed. Finally at 7:45, the women calls us that the food is ready & if we can come pick it up! No apology for being late..... DH went to pick it up and walked in with 2 egg boxes (this was dinner for 4 people) of the most gourmet food I've ever seen, packaged very elegantly. It was probably a 10 course meal, with 2 types of each food & printed menu cards. I wanted to cry. Don't send me gourmet fancy food that you can't have ready on time. If you really want to help me, send me a basic hearty meal on time! Then she texts me that she'll be waiting to hear how much we enjoyed the meal because her family got cereal and noodle soup for dinner......

That’s because she was probably on this site and read how other meals were not good enough.

Do you not have something in your freezer that DH could heat or pizza that you can order? You can freeze her meal or eat it the next day.
I hope you called and said thank you, even if you felt it was a miss.

mig100

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:49 am
amother [ Brass ] wrote:

Do we really need to start a thread of horror stories. Come one most meals are great and really thoughtful and appreciated

I did try to have some leftovers as back up in case my kids were ready for supper before it arrived..

amother
Brass

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:53 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
That’s because she was probably on this site and read how other meals were not good enough.

Do you not have something in your freezer that DH could heat or pizza that you can order? You can freeze her meal or eat it the next day.
I hope you called and said thank you, even if you felt it was a miss.

We had meals. But she offered/insisted to send, I was not signed up on any meal trains. This was the only meal we got. Of course of course I thanked her again and again, but she did this for herself and not to help me. This was afew years ago, so I doubt she did this because of what she read here. I've never gotten any vibes from imamother threads that we need to send meals even close to the caliber of the meal she sent.

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 12:24 pm
I once made baked ziti or lasagna or something and left it out to cool. I covered it in foil and stuck it in the fridge at night without turning on my kitchen light. The next day when we went to eat it, I found a big dead fly in there. So gross 🤢! So that could be your answer--maybe she didn't look before she covered it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 12:38 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
I once made baked ziti or lasagna or something and left it out to cool. I covered it in foil and stuck it in the fridge at night without turning on my kitchen light. The next day when we went to eat it, I found a big dead fly in there. So gross 🤢! So that could be your answer--maybe she didn't look before she covered it.

It was dozens of flies flying around.

tweety1

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:28 pm
amother [ Brass ] wrote:

That's insane. When I cook, whatever I cook for my family the other family gets, whatever I cook for the other family my family gets. And I've cooked for large families.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette