Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Making $1000 in a day
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Oleander

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:43 am
amother [ Whitesmoke ] wrote:
I'm an NP. We get paid in something called RVU. Each type of visit is a different number of RVUs. A basic sick visit is 1 RVU. A more complicated case might be 1.5. Well visits are 2-3 RVUs. On a typical day I see 15-20 patients which adds up to about 20-30 RVUs.

In my job NPs and PAs make $23 per RVU and MDs make $35. So you can do the math.

Based on this, you make $460-690 per day. Not bad. And much more than lots of people. Not to derail the thread, but most people have a BA and PA school is about 2-3 years after that, so not bad at all. Adds up to 6 figures if you work full time.

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 12:01 pm
amother [ Whitesmoke ] wrote:
There are 3 publications that I write for regularly.

I started out sending them free articles. They liked my work and offered to pay me to write more often.

One is a weekly publication that I edit.

The others I send in articles from time to time.

Thanks for the response. It sounds like they don't commission you for particular topics? Very nice.

Does editing pay ok?

amother
Chambray

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 12:18 pm
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
Many people are suggesting home cooking/baking. Are so many people who have no clue who you are willing to buy from your kitchen??

You don't start a cooking business on this kind of small scale with people you don't know. You start by offering services to people you do know who presumably trust your standards.

You wouldn't have a large clientele if you are a personal chef to a family. You only need to start with one family and maybe realistically that is all the time you have.

These suggestions are intended to bring in some spare cash for people.

Some baked items like Bundt Cakes are very easy to make and I choke when I see the prices that are asked for a good quality Bundt cake from a good bakery. You start spreading the word among people that you know who are familiar with what you cook as a specialty and trust you whether that is cake or soup or salads - Again I can't believe the prices that are charged for relatively easy things to cook - even matzoh balls are expensive if you go to purchase them from a good source.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 2:46 pm
zigi wrote:
Surveys do pay, inbox dollars, instagc and Swagbucks I earned money from. It's great for extras also if you do money back for shopping on Swagbucks you can earn.

I'm curious to learn more about inbox dollars and Swagbucks. Is it legitimate? Can you give some more details?

zaq

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 4:02 pm
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
No idea who that is, but he has plenty of expenses. Insurance, paying his staff (medical assistants, nurses, secretaries, billing, maintenance), his building , his licenses, equipment, of course he has/had to pay off hundreds of thousands of dollars for medical school and not making a liveable wage while in residency.

not to mention malpractice insurance!

zigi

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 4:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you please tell me more about this? How it works? Thank you

Www.swagbucks.com www.instagc.com www.inboxdollars.com www.yougov.com. sign up there are surveys you can take some years I earn more on one website than the other. On Swagbucks I can earn cash back like on Rakuten, which is also good to use. You buy from old navy you get cash back, if you put an order when they have a promotion you can earn more, they also have receipts that you can redeem like ibotta. You need to have a target or larger chain stores near you but if you add shampoo to your shopping list and buy the item they want you to buy you can earn Swagbucks.
It takes some time to figure out each website. But you can earn. Some of the surveys are interesting.

zigi

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 4:40 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I'm curious to learn more about inbox dollars and Swagbucks. Is it legitimate? Can you give some more details?

Yes it is legitimate, It does take time. Some days I put more effort in than others. If I need pants, I log in to Swagbucks and buy from children's place and get cash back, they also have contests where the groups share tips on how to earn more. It's also owned by prodege who is a yid. They also have my points a similar website.

Instagc takes longer but they have 2 point websites to click and earn also videos sometimes that are easy.
I have earned gift cards and PayPal from the sites instagc, Swagbucks and inbox dollars.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 5:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I work and have kids to care for and a home to run and my husband works over hours. We are making ends meet for the most part. We don't have anything extra. I would like to have some money on the side for extras, gifts, ice cream once in a while, outdoor equipment and bikes for my kids... I don't have much extra time and not very many talents... any ideas how to make some extra money on the side periodically as needed? Are these survey monkey payments legit? All ideas welcome

I earn $1400 a day.

I'm a photographer. I charge $1400 per session and deliver 30-40 edited images, that I choose myself. I shoot in the morning, and edit immediately after. If I shoot in the evening, I edit the next morning. Every client takes between 4 and 8 hours of work.

I don't offer albums and wall hangings, but sometimes a client will ask me to print for them, so I'll earn some extra pocket money on that.

I only work 2 days a week, (2 families a week) and only a total of about 30 weeks a year. On top of that, I work one evening a week on stuff like social media (I'm bad at that! I should be more on top of it!) - plus I spend some time here on watching video tutorials and learning new stuff. So it's about $2800 for a 3 day week, including admin work.

While you need the skills to do this kind of work, you do not need qualifications, or a degree. You cant do this from one day to the next, but you can teach it to yourself and get better with practice.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 5:41 pm
Make it to the top of the mental health field.

I pay may kids psychiatric NP $200 for a 30 minute follow up. Her psychologist is $300/45 minutes

(yes they have some overhead and and nonbillable hours, but still)

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 5:57 pm
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:
Not really, if you look at cleaning lady threads. Plenty of cleaning ladies are apparently terrible at what they do, but it's better than nothing so they are retained as employees.

Many women would appreciate hiring a frum woman who they can trust in their kitchen and around their children.

You don't have to enjoy a job to do it. My incredible FIL who works a very well-paying job frequently says, "there was not one day of my life when I woke up and wanted to go to work."

That's so sad. You only have one life to live you should enjoy the little time you have on this earth

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 6:02 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
The EOB does show how much the doctor gets. My PCP gets 100-200 (don't remember the exact number but I think it was closer to 100) for an annual physical. And he usually spends more than 15 minutes with me.

My mom worked in medical billing and was always shocked at how little the doctors received. No dr makes 1000 an hour.

But the doctor has expenses after that amount. Licensure, training CEUs, paying off loans, If it's their own business then software and paying staff.

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 6:13 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Make it to the top of the mental health field.

I pay may kids psychiatric NP $200 for a 30 minute follow up. Her psychologist is $300/45 minutes

(yes they have some overhead and and nonbillable hours, but still)

Most mental health professionals are not taking in the money. Malpractice, licensure, CEUS, office rent, workers pay, software and more. More people make money by creating classes (passive income)

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 6:39 pm
What about driving people to the airport? I see people looking for that in my area all the time. I think it pays decently. If you drive in their car you won't even have to pay for gas and wear and tear on your own.

Zehava

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 8:49 pm
I paid an exterminator today 225$ for 10-15 min of work. And it wasn’t even the guy himself just his worker. I’m sure he makes more than 1,000$ a day.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:42 pm
I’m a bookkeeper
I have private clients that I bill and make about 1000 a day of work.
$150 an hour

amother
Amber

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:46 pm
Zehava wrote:
I paid an exterminator today 225$ for 10-15 min of work. And it wasn’t even the guy himself just his worker. I’m sure he makes more than 1,000$ a day.

Not necessarily....he pays the worker a salary. He pays for tools/supplies. He may have long commutes between jobs when he is not earning anything (never mind gas!)

It's a big misconception that the service industry makes a ton of money. You can't judge based on how much you paid for a specific job

amother
Amber

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:48 pm
amother [ Nemesia ] wrote:
But the doctor has expenses after that amount. Licensure, training CEUs, paying off loans, If it's their own business then software and paying staff.

I know that! I agree that doctors are underpaid! If you read all my posts you will see that I was trying to explain that doctors DO NOT make a lot if money (I think my Dr deserves a lot more than 200 for the annual)

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:52 pm
Zehava wrote:

You are assuming that he is fully booked with jobs. He probably has busier times and quieter times and it evens itself out.

amother
Brass

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:01 pm
Therapists can make at least that much a day.. I know because I am one. But I choose to see fewer clients.

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:10 pm
zigi wrote:
Yes it is legitimate, It does take time. Some days I put more effort in than others. If I need pants, I log in to Swagbucks and buy from children's place and get cash back, they also have contests where the groups share tips on how to earn more. It's also owned by prodege who is a yid. They also have my points a similar website.

Instagc takes longer but they have 2 point websites to click and earn also videos sometimes that are easy.
I have earned gift cards and PayPal from the sites instagc, Swagbucks and inbox dollars.

How much can you make, for how much time? Not sure how to ask, if you put in say, 5 hours in a day, how much would you make? Or is it more that you get discounts on things you wanted to buy anyway?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics