Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Please tell me everything I need to know about a band fall

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 12:06 pm
Hi all,
I've decided to take the plunge and buy a band fall, mostly because the clips on my wigs are starting to really bother me. Also because band falls are so popular in Lakewood and I have a hankering to be stylish Very Happy

Some questions:

1. How much should I expect to pay? What are brands that are good and hold up well?

2. I've read that people wash band falls themselves. Is it really so easy?

3. How do I ensure I get a comfortable piece, or are all of them comfortable?

4. How do I prevent it slipping back?

5. How do I choose the right bands/accessories? Any recommendations for what is currently popular?

6. Do I need to look out for anything regarding fit?

7. Any recommendations on who to go to to purchase?

8. I am totally interested in a good deal/cheap item, so if anyone has exact information for an aliexpress/amazon/shein/olokey any other cheaper fall, please share! I've already checked out Galit Azar's wig resale place and plan to go again but I haven't hit on the right thing yet, which is why I may purchase new.

Thanks all!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 4:29 pm
I have 3 head band falls, and a 4th that I wear in a ponytail. I like the fact that hair isn't on my face but don't kid yourself, it IS like 2 things on your head all the time. I got all human because synthetic would be itchy so tight on my head like that.

If they have a lot of hair, and it gets into your mouth/lipgloss, you will need to get clips to keep the extra hair back too.

My daughter washes them for me. Yes, it's easy.

You also obviously need gaiters or head bands to wear with them, and they also have to be washed.

Comb them out after each wearing and let them air out on a stand.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 5:28 pm
I’m not sure what the of type of fall I have is called but I use clips to make it stay on my head and it’s really uncomfortable. I don’t use the clips on my lacetop wigs, just wear a band to keep it in place, so my wigs are more comfortable than my fall interestingly. If there’s a type of fall that is comfortable and stays in place without clips, I want to hear about it!

Still like the fall for rainy days when I don’t want to ruin a wig, or cold days with a hat. Or summer days with a headband! Basically it’s good to have for extreme weather. And I feel comfortable washing my fall on my own which is so convenient - wouldn’t do that with my lacetop wigs. I curl the fall on my own too.

To wash the fall, I brush the fall really well then take it into the shower with me and shampoo and condition it (separate steps, only use conditioner on the bottom half). Then I wrap it in a towel for a half hour, and then put it on a wig head to dry. My sister in law who’s a sheitel Macher told me to do it this way.

Wigs by Shira has falls for cheap - I think $850. You can check her out on Instagram at @thewigtour or @stylewigsbyshira. She does pop up tours where she sells falls and wigs in different frum communities, and has a storefront in Teaneck too.

hoff123

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 5:51 pm
U can get by Chaya heiligman +1 (718) 715-9009 in Kensington for $675/775 depending on length I just got an Irene there it’s gorgeous
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels