Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Making sense of Brazen By Julia Haart

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:37 pm
Did anyone read the book that Julia Haart wrote about her life? I just started reading it and am very confused by her story. Sure, its very analytical and so far has quotes from Torah sources even though she supposedly never learned it but she also managed to have a boyfriend, get non-Jewish books from the public library, have enough babysitting money for a private phone in her room all the while claiming that she didnt have time for anything because she was busy taking care of her siblings and being a mommy to them (even though they had a live in aid at some point). And this all happened while being uber frum and being popular because of her frumkeit. She also didnt get much secular classes but still got to take the PSAT's, etc. Perhaps I am not understanding the timeline (or its too early in the book for me to fully understand whats happeneing) because she keeps going back and forth with her stories so I was hoping that someone who read the whole book can clarify this.
If you read it already, what were your thoughts about it and do you think these bizarre stories are actually believeable?

sequoia

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:40 pm
Simple — she lived a middle of the road frum life, but she thinks it’s not interesting enough for readers of memoirs of ex-chassidim.

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:43 pm
Good analysis op

No. Don't find it or her believable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room