Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Outdoor sheds

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:09 pm
I need a Costco closet desperately! I don't have enough storage and don't have a basement or garage . I have a nice size backyard and was thinking of putting a durable weatherproof shed and building shelves , storing extra sodas, paper towels, tissue boxes , extra bulk anything that I stock up on. I have a nice size pantry in my kitchen but I need a place for bulk items so I don't have to run to the store every min . Anyone have experience with sheds ?

amother
Coral

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:13 pm
Most of them are not completely waterproof. Things may get soggy and moldy...

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:20 pm
I’d say it really depends on the climate where you live. We have 3 of these types of sheds (Bh a big yard with extra space lol) and they’re great for storing outdoor stuff like bikes, however, anything paper I’d imagine would get ruined quickly by humidity. I don’t think they’re totally weatherproof, unless you have some type of roof to put it under like on a porch. Then at least it might not get directly rained on.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:28 pm
Do they not sell weatherproof sheds ??

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:58 pm
I think Lowes has a type of shed you are looking for maybe see what they have and if their outdoor shed is up to snuff

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do they not sell weatherproof sheds ??

Yes, sort of.. meaning they have a roof and a door. The thing is they aren’t insulted and temperature regulated - they’re essentially just plastic boxes. Meaning bugs can still find their way in, moisture/humidity can still affect what’s inside, etc.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:06 pm
I have one but it’s 20 years old.
Definitely water proof I’ve been using it for years. It’s my storage life saver.
So op, look for good reviews and go for it!

seeker

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:01 pm
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:
Yes, sort of.. meaning they have a roof and a door. The thing is they aren’t insulted and temperature regulated - they’re essentially just plastic boxes. Meaning bugs can still find their way in, moisture/humidity can still affect what’s inside, etc.

Mine is wood, not plastic. Don't know how it holds up because we just got it this year. My one insight from the experience was that it was a whoooooole lot more expensive than I would ever have expected. A LOT more. Our bikes and sukkah boards seem happy in there but I'm not super convinced that they're several thousand dollars worth of thrilled.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics