Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Trainer question

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 8:03 am
I just started personal training after not having exercised for a good few years and 4 kids. My body quivers for like a few hours after the class and my muscles are shot for from a few days after up to a week. This has been going on for one month. Is she working me too hard? How should I tell her to slow down but in a way that I still get a workout?
Maybe because I’m thin she thinks I’m more in shape and pushes me harder but I’m really weak as anything...

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 8:08 am
How often are you working out with her? If it's more than once a week, you shouldn't be feeling the workout a week later. Every so often (month or two) you should be progressing and at that point you might feel it for a few days. But each Workout shouldn't make you feel like that.
Definitely be open with her, she's there for you! You can ask her to go a bit easier or to use lighter weights or whatever it is that you think will make a difference.
Good luck!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise