Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Can I get this look Sectional Sofa in a better quality?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:26 am
Can I get this look in a Sectional Sofa in a better quality?

The price is low, the color is one I can live with (gray) but Im thinking because its so reasonable it will fall apart or be problematic in some way.

I want a modernish Tufted back (stays neater looking than back cushions) "L" Symmetrical Sectional Sofa in a size similar to this, and Im not seeing the better companies offering this look.

Ideally Id love to sit on the sofa to see if it feels comfortable before purchase.

Would you buy on Wayfair?

https://www.wayfair.com/furnit.....piid=

amother
Blush

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:31 am
A sectional I’ve seen listed on boards over and over is the Radley from Macy’s. They always have sales and they have many fabrics to choose from. You can also check it out in person.

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can I get this look in a Sectional Sofa in a better quality?

The price is low, the color is one I can live with (gray) but Im thinking because its so reasonable it will fall apart or be problematic in some way.

I want a modernish Tufted back (stays neater looking than back cushions) "L" Symmetrical Sectional Sofa in a size similar to this, and Im not seeing the better companies offering this look.

Ideally Id love to sit on the sofa to see if it feels comfortable before purchase.

Would you buy on Wayfair?

https://www.wayfair.com/furnit.....piid=

Try West Elm or Pottery Barn. You can sit on their stuff in store and then order online. I've had my West Elm sofas and chairs for years and they're still super comfy and nice looking.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:35 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
A sectional I’ve seen listed on boards over and over is the Radley from Macy’s. They always have sales and they have many fabrics to choose from. You can also check it out in person.

https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....w_wcB

Thanks! I found it, but its not a tufted back, that I find looks much neater and more elegant in a room.

Also, I think I prefer velvet, this looks like some kind of linen with a texture.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:35 am
I love the west elm look but my west elm sofa did not hold up at all. We got our current one from beam Brooklyn. Love it. Also, yes I'd shop on waifair- why not. Our kids bunkbed is from there and doing great

amother
Birch

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:37 am
I've bought tufted back sectionals in rooms to go, and City furniture. They both deliver to Tri-State area. I also bought velvet couches on allmodern.com. I love them, however, you can't always tell from the picture of the color. I thought mine would be more silver and there are more bluish gray.

Amarante

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:37 am
I am not sure what you mean by "better" and what your budget is but that style is widely available.

It is a modern version of a Chesterfield style sofa - the tufts are in the style of a Chesterfield. A Chesterfield sofa is considered to be one of the more traditional looks and - at least in my opinion - is really only for a formal setting since it isn't a particularly "cushy" sofa to lounge on. That is why I am not sure a Chesterfield sectional makes sense since sectionals are generally used in informal spaces where people lounge versus a more formal living room in which people sit upright and comfort isn't the main concern.

Here is an example from Pottery Barn which is considered to be a middle of the road quality. Of course many people don't think Pottery Barn is worth the money but many people buy Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware or Crate & Barrel

https://www.potterybarn.com/pr.....w_wcB

In answer to your question, I personally would not buy a sofa or other large expensive item through Wayfair or any other mail order place. I would want to sit on the sofa or at least a prototype. I also would have concerns about dealing with a mail order company if there were issues because shipping a sofa back is expensive versus dealing with a more local store

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:38 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I love the west elm look but my west elm sofa did not hold up at all. We got our current one from beam Brooklyn. Love it. Also, yes I'd shop on waifair- why not. Our kids bunkbed is from there and doing great

Beam actually has a similar style thats way more expensive, but Id consider it, but Im thinking velvet is dressier looking.

This is the Beam one:

https://beambk.com/products/at.....53885

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:44 am
Amarante wrote:
I am not sure what you mean by "better" and what your budget is but that style is widely available.

It is a modern version of a Chesterfield style sofa - the tufts are in the style of a Chesterfield. A Chesterfield sofa is considered to be one of the more traditional looks and - at least in my opinion - is really only for a formal setting since it isn't a particularly "cushy" sofa to lounge on. That is why I am not sure a Chesterfield sectional makes sense since sectionals are generally used in informal spaces where people lounge versus a more formal living room in which people sit upright and comfort isn't the main concern.

Here is an example from Pottery Barn which is considered to be a middle of the road quality. Of course many people don't think Pottery Barn is worth the money but many people buy Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware or Crate & Barrel

https://www.potterybarn.com/pr.....w_wcB

This one is way more expensive and is more traditional looking. But I like that its velvet. Id prefer not to spend more than $3700..

amother
Skyblue

Palliser has really nice selection of couches and tons of configurations.

ETA:
Many frum stores sell it.
You can choose fabric. Size. Configuration. Etc.
but will run over 3k or even closer to 5k depending on size and fabric.

amother
Phlox

No advice but I love, love the sofa! If you do get it or find it somewhere else please update us

Amarante

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This one is way more expensive and is more traditional looking. But I like that its velvet. Id prefer not to spend more than $3700..

I wasn't suggesting that specific sofa - only that the sofa isn't hard to find at different price points.

It is a "Chesterfield Sectional" if you google and most stores would have a version of it/

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:55 am
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
Palliser has really nice selection of couches and tons of configurations.

ETA:
As an example
https://leatherfurniture.com/p.....w_wcB

Many frum stores sell it.
You can choose fabric. Size. Configuration. Etc.
but will run over 3k or even closer to 5k depending on size and fabric.

Thanks. Ive heard about Palliser in the frum stores, but none of their styles have a tufted back and/or have a trendy edge. Theyre more leaning towards traditional, the kind of styles I could have bought ten or more years ago.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:57 am
Amarante wrote:
I wasn't suggesting that specific sofa - only that the sofa isn't hard to find at different price points.

It is a "Chesterfield Sectional" if you google and most stores would have a version of it/

The Wayfair one has straight ends/arms making it look modern. The Chesterfield styles' rolled arms are more traditional looking.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:01 am
Heres another consideration on Amazon, but it has zero ratings.

Most of the tufted modern looking sofas have silver, and I dont want any silver in the room. This has gold legs which I like.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl

The descriptions says its 72" length, that cant be. This is a big "L" shaped sofa.

Which seems like a safer purchase? Amazon or Wayfair?

Amarante

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The Wayfair one has straight ends/arms making it look modern. The Chesterfield styles' rolled arms are more traditional looking.

google "modern Chesterfield sectional" and there are more styles with straight arms.

Buying any kind of sofa from the internet is really tricky because my experience has been that often stuff is surprising when you see it in person. And returns of something like a sofa are difficult because the shipping costs are so high

Unless you have really trained eyes it is difficult to really imagine what the proportions are going to be like. I have often taken out a ruler to see what 12" or 18" looks like in reality when I am thinking of purchasing something on the internet that isn't a standard one size like a queen sheet or pillow.

Also the descriptions tend to be very vague on the methods of construction and materials used.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:08 am
Has anyone seen either of these 2 styles, or similar, in any stores in or near NY?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:16 am
I don’t know about this specific couch, but I’ve had good experiences with wayfair customer service in the past.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:25 am
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:
I don’t know about this specific couch, but I’ve had good experiences with wayfair customer service in the past.

Thanks.

I wonder what happens if a couch arrives, and its not damaged, but you just plain hate it.

SDmother

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:26 am
https://www.potterybarn.com/m/.....FF-CF
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics