Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Do we need to stock up on everything??
1  2  3  Next

happy chick

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:02 am
It's not a joke , I'm afraid to think of what the next shortage will be. Most shortages can be improvised, but baby formula? What are people supposed to do? My heart goes out to these poor moms who rely on it.

But seriously, what should we be stocking up on now?

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:04 am
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:05 am
happy chick wrote:
It's not a joke , I'm afraid to think of what the next shortage will be. Most shortages can be improvised, but baby formula? What are people supposed to do? My heart goes out to these poor moms who rely on it.

But seriously, what should we be stocking up on now?

Probably on the essentials.

Zehava

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:05 am
I naturally stock up on pretty much everything besides for perishables. It’s a nature I guess. I don’t get people who say they only have two weeks worth of formula left. That never happens by me. And as soon as I smell a shortage I stock up even more. I currently have around 3 months worth of formula give or take. I guess you just need to stay in the know because in the beginning of a shortage you can always still get stuff.

Mommy1:)

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:29 am
It's hard to predict what may be short next, but I try to take a 2 prong approach.

1. Essentials: I've started stocking up on essentials for my toddler (diapers and wipes, spare sippy cups) and any medical supply essentials (liquid tylenol/advil/benadryl/pedialite for the kids with an eye on the expiration date). Tissues when I see them.

2. Savings: Also starting to buy extra of foods that are shelf stable and are basics if they are on sale at pre-pandemic pricing. Some beans, lentils, oatmeal, farina, soap for dishes and body, etc. Planning for some future necessary projects at home, and to buy all the materials now if I see any on sale. School supplies that are on sale. These are to help reduce the impact of price increases.

Everything is going to continue to go up in price. We have to figure out a way to financially make it through this...

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:35 am
Definitely medications & medical supplies. No trust in the bafoons that shut down the abbot plant.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:37 am
What do we have from stocking up? If there's a shortage, our stock will eventually run out.

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:09 am
Thanks! I just made an order from walmart
I checked my emails for a year ago and the same items already went up a lot

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:14 am
Looking for TYLENOL®? We’re maximizing production
We know you may be having trouble finding our TYLENOL® products and it can be frustrating.

We are experiencing record high demand for TYLENOL® and although we’re producing and shipping at an all-time high, we are experiencing a temporary shortage in some areas of the United States.

We are working to ensure TYLENOL® reaches as many people as possible including retail partners, doctors’ offices and hospitals. We are partnering with retailers to encourage purchase limits on TYLENOL® and we have built plans with our supply teams to ensure consumers and hospitals impacted by COVID-19 have greater access to our products.

Rest assured, we’re here for you. We want you to know you and your loved ones are our #1 priority and we are committed to maintaining our increased production through this time.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:17 am
There’s this cartoon with a photo of a mother feeding milk to her infant directly out of a goat, end it said, “we thought well have flying cars by 2022”.
What a pitiful state our country is in.

Zehava

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:24 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
What do we have from stocking up? If there's a shortage, our stock will eventually run out.

Usually there’s a rebound after a couple months at most. Shortages don’t last forever. And it’s good to have some time to figure out where to get more.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:30 am
I saw a cartoon of a guy sitting in his car at the gas station saying $10 please.
The gas attendant says, "$10 worth? Hang on while I go get a measuring cup."

zaq

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:33 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:

There is absolutely no need to panic or go crazy. Shortages don't last forever, and they're only made worse by people who buy vast quantities, depleting store shelves and leaving nothing for everyone else. Excess demand also sends prices soaring.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:34 am
Zehava wrote:
Usually there’s a rebound after a couple months at most. Shortages don’t last forever. And it’s good to have some time to figure out where to get more.

Not when shortages are done intentionally.... v’hameiven yavin...

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 6:50 pm
Banking flower and canned food, things you can survive on, should the need be Smile

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 6:58 pm
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/2088255/life-threatening-crisis-children-hospitalized-as-baby-formula-shortage-wreaks-havoc.html

Thats odd
In NPGS there is a surplus of CY formula

They keep throwing out cans that are 3 months past expiration date

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:10 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Thats odd
In NPGS there is a surplus of CY formula

They keep throwing out cans that are 3 months past expiration date

There was a shortage of the infant formula. The toddler formula was in stock all along.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:12 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Banking flower and canned food, things you can survive on, should the need be Smile

I wonder how your cookies and cakes come out with flower. I never bought that product. I usually buy flour.

amother
Outerspace

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:26 pm
When corona started everyone who overbought toilet paper was told they were selfish. People who stocked up on other staples were called nuts and lacked bitachon. But now it's okay to panic and stock up? I'm genuinely confused. Only difference I see is the amount of people worried. So it's okay to lack emunah when it's fashionable?

amother
Birch

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:27 pm
YES — stock up on everuthing
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics