Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Do we need to stock up on everything??
Previous  1  2  3  Next

North Star

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 9:28 pm
Stock up on tampons now, apparently there’s a shortage.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 9:36 pm
Eh, I don't believe in any of those shortages. None of them ever really happened. Not the toilet paper, not the chicken, even the formula we over-hyped. I have a baby and the stores near me had loads and loads of formula (they were literally storing it on top of the freezers because there was not enough space on the shelves). I never stocked up on anything and I was always fine.

What causes shortages is when everyone panics and over buys.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 9:37 pm
North Star wrote:
Stock up on tampons now, apparently there’s a shortage.

Lol there's definitely gonna be a shortage of tampons now! See how this works?

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:00 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Eh, I don't believe in any of those shortages. None of them ever really happened. Not the toilet paper, not the chicken, even the formula we over-hyped. I have a baby and the stores near me had loads and loads of formula (they were literally storing it on top of the freezers because there was not enough space on the shelves). I never stocked up on anything and I was always fine.

What causes shortages is when everyone panics and over buys.

Huh
Go on Amazon, target, Walmart and search for formula. Even my local stores only has the toddler version from most brands.
The specific brand I use is out of stock everywhere.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:03 pm
Zehava wrote:
Huh
Go on Amazon, target, Walmart and search for formula. Even my local stores only has the toddler version from most brands.

I think the cholov yisroel ones didn't get affected much because they're generally imported.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:03 pm
Zehava wrote:
Huh

The Jewish supermarkets where I live always had tons of formula. All different brands and types. My dh literally took pics of it to send to all our nervous family members who were worried my baby was gonna starve

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:04 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:
I think the cholov yisroel ones didn't get affected much because they're generally imported.

I don't use cholov yisroel and never had a problem

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:28 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:

A relative called me on motsei shabbos in a panic. She couldn’t find anything else for her newborn besides similac which many babies can’t tolerate. Not Kendamil, or babies only, or materna. Nothing.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:29 pm
It can't hurt to stock up a bit since prices are only rising. Best case scenario you saved yourself some money.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:30 pm
Zehava wrote:
A relative called me on motsei shabbos in a panic. She couldn’t find anything else for her newborn besides similac which many babies can’t tolerate. Not Kendamil, or babies only, or materna. Nothing.

Can her baby tolerate enfamil?

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:33 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Can her baby tolerate enfamil?

Hopefully since that’s what I sent her from my stock. Then target randomly got some cans in at 1 am, which I saw since I’m constantly checking, and I quickly messaged dh to tell her husband to order them before they go out of stock again. About once a week, motsei shabbos in the middle of the night, they are back in stock and are gone by the morning. Target has a limit of 4 cans per 24 hours.

shanie5

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:40 pm
DD is having a problem finding the formula her dd needs. She calls stores all around us until she finds one that has a few left. And then she can only buy 3 cans. When I shop, I look for the formula too. Most places the shelves are empty of formula.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:47 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
The Jewish supermarkets where I live always had tons of formula. All different brands and types. My dh literally took pics of it to send to all our nervous family members who were worried my baby was gonna starve

Maybe post what stores this is so people who need can get.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 2:10 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
Maybe post what stores this is so people who need can get.

I posted this a few weeks ago on a different thread. Many of the Jewish supermarkets in Brooklyn are fully stocked and have always been, with no limits. I personally saw this in Moisha's in Flatbush and Goldberg's in Boro Park.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 2:11 pm
shanie5 wrote:
DD is having a problem finding the formula her dd needs. She calls stores all around us until she finds one that has a few left. And then she can only buy 3 cans. When I shop, I look for the formula too. Most places the shelves are empty of formula.

Where does she live? What kind of formula does she need?

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 2:12 pm
Zehava wrote:
Hopefully since that’s what I sent her from my stock. Then target randomly got some cans in at 1 am, which I saw since I’m constantly checking, and I quickly messaged dh to tell her husband to order them before they go out of stock again. About once a week, motsei shabbos in the middle of the night, they are back in stock and are gone by the morning. Target has a limit of 4 cans per 24 hours.

Moisha's in Flatbush has tons of enfamil including infant, gentlease, AR

behappy2

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 2:17 pm
All problems have solutions. I love this quote I heard "Nobody looks in the rearview mirror and says 'I wish I would have panicked more"

Reality

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 2:18 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I posted this a few weeks ago on a different thread. Many of the Jewish supermarkets in Brooklyn are fully stocked and have always been, with no limits. I personally saw this in Moisha's in Flatbush and Goldberg's in Boro Park.

The people who are panicking are the Moms with babies who cannot digest regular formula. The stores you listed do not carry those formulas. Please open your mind and your heart to those Moms who truly cannot find the special formula that their baby can tolerate.

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 2:22 pm
Right— for example sensitive similac is challenging to find and often found only in the expensive prepared rather than far less expensive powder. Certainly no joke to those of us in need.

Zehava

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 2:26 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Moisha's in Flatbush has tons of enfamil including infant, gentlease, AR

I don’t use any of these. But I’m sure this is helpful info to others.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics