Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
This is us finale
1  2  Next

Ima2

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 1:54 am
I can't believe not one has posted anything about it yet! I was really looking forward to this finale, not that I wanted it to be the series finale, I would have loved to continue this show. but it was so underwhelming. it ended and I was like....what?! that's it? that's how this ends? it was almost like it was begging for a new season. very disappointed Sad

essie14

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 3:49 am
The finale is next week.

etky

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 3:57 am
It was the penultimate episode.
I hated it.
I'm hating the entire sixth season.
So trite and 'neat'.

nnmom

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 6:37 am
I’m not impressed with the season
But I still cried most of the episode

amother
Lemonlime

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 7:08 am
Where can I watch this season?

essie14

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 7:38 am
amother [ Lemonlime ] wrote:
Where can I watch this season?

Hulu

asmileaday

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 7:42 am
I'm still watching but this last season was nothing to write home about. Maybe the show has run its course.
I really don't see the chemistry with Philip and Kate. Toby was waaaay better. So it kind of feels forced to me.
Randal and Beth's banter is still fantastic as usual!
There's still one more episode next week. I'm watching because I want to finish the show but not excited.
Overall it was a great show though.

fleetwood

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 7:49 am
I'm just happy that all the questions were resolved.

icedcoffee

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 9:14 am
I didn't dislike the latest episode, but it feels like the show has run its course. I agree with etky that it always turns out very neat. Kevin ends up with his high school sweetheart, Deja and Malik stay together as high school sweethearts, Jack dies while a boy is saved who ends up doing a lot of Alzheimer's work, eh. I still don't like Kate and Philip though. Beth is consistently the best. And I loved Toby's line to Rebecca asking if she likes him better than Philip.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 9:52 am
This penultimate episode was hyped up so much I was actually really disappointed. Like they made it sound like it would be the most heartbreaking episode we've ever seen and honestly I cried way more at others. I actually did love seeing William again and the scene with Dr. K, and just the whole concept of seeing everyone from all the seasons as the show ends, but mostly I didn't appreciate the train scenes.

Beth is 100% the best character on this show and always has been

etky

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 10:10 am
amother [ Whitesmoke ] wrote:
This penultimate episode was hyped up so much I was actually really disappointed. Like they made it sound like it would be the most heartbreaking episode we've ever seen and honestly I cried way more at others. I actually did love seeing William again and the scene with Dr. K, and just the whole concept of seeing everyone from all the seasons as the show ends, but mostly I didn't appreciate the train scenes.

Beth is 100% the best character on this show and always has been

Randall and Beth are my favorite characters. They have the most depth and complexity.
Their story line is by far the most interesting. I was disappointed that the 6th season barely touched on them and on their family.

Ima2

Post Sat, May 21 2022, 4:17 pm
oh! there's 1 more episode?! I thought this was the last! yay!

this whole season, especially toward the end, was really rushed. there was way more they could have developed. phillip and kate feel distant b/c their relationship grew over 1 episode. it was so cut short, just like parethood, which was like the predecessor of this is us. too rushed at the end.

I liked the concept of the train and rebecca seeing past versions of her kids and herself throughout. I thought at the end, it would be a reunion with jack and her being so happy to finally be together again. not that they lay on the bed and say hi.

really loved this show.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 12:15 am
Agree with everyone
Randall and Beth the best
Sophie and Kevin too neat of a package
Philip and Kate - huh?
Toby - why did they do that ?
One question - What did the reference of Malik working all the time / him saying I rushed from the restaurant as soon as I got your text
mean ? Last time we saw him he was in Harvard !

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 7:31 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Agree with everyone
Philip and Kate - huh?
One question - What did the reference of Malik working all the time / him saying I rushed from the restaurant as soon as I got your text

Bump

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 7:35 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Agree with everyone
Philip and Kate - huh?

Agree. They should have made something impressive out of Malik. I hate that they put them back together. And then she's in medical school and he works in a restaurant??

icedcoffee

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 9:51 am
Malik said in a previous episode he wanted to get a business degree from an Ivy League school and use it to open his own Michelin starred restaurant. Based on how the show usually goes, I'm assuming he achieved his dream! Rather than, say, he's working as a dishwasher in the back.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 10:07 am
icedcoffee wrote:
Malik said in a previous episode he wanted to get a business degree from an Ivy League school and use it to open his own Michelin starred restaurant. Based on how the show usually goes, I'm assuming he achieved his dream! Rather than, say, he's working as a dishwasher in the back.

Oh - that would be more in line with the show's trajectory !

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 11:37 am
Defintiely things are too neat. Does everything have to be perfect? All of a sudden Kate has a masters degree and is planning international music curricula?
Actually, I liked the part where Annie says it's okay to be quiet.
And yes, Beth is definitely my favorite.

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 11:41 am
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:
Defintiely things are too neat. Does everything have to be perfect? All of a sudden Kate has a masters degree and is planning international music curricula?
Actually, I liked the part where Annie says it's okay to be quiet.
And yes, Beth is definitely my favorite.

Beth is the only character that I have ever liked.

essie14

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 3:04 pm
I've loved this show from the beginning but this season feels much too rushed.
And I don't think everyone needs to end up with their childhood love. Kevin and Sophie, deja and Malik. They could have ended up with other people. And why couldn't Kate stay single? I feel no connection to her relationship with Philip because it was so rushed.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics