Home

Good tourist place for summer

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling


View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother




OP
 

Post Sat, May 21 2022, 8:41 pm
We are a couple with a one year old. We would like to go somewhere this summer on vacation but we’re not sure where. Can anyone help us out?
Criteria-
Pretty place
Not super hot and humid
Not a beach town type of place
It won’t be a pain to have our baby with us.
Anywhere in the world
Good public transit system
More into touristy stuff then adventure because of baby

All suggestions welcome thanks!
Back to top

amother




Pearl
 

Post Sat, May 21 2022, 8:48 pm
Niagara Falls?

Newport ?

L
Back to top

amother




Tealblue
 

Post Sat, May 21 2022, 8:54 pm
I went to Amsterdam. Loved it....
Back to top

doctorima




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 6:16 am
Venice would be amazing if you could deal with the weather. The problem with most American places will be your requirement for good public transportation. If you're okay with Uber that will open up more options.

Otherwise if you only want mass transit, I'd look into Europe, maybe Paris or London, and try to find a place with attractions that interest you and a summer climate that you can handle.
Back to top

Batsheva1




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 6:51 am
Banff, Canadian Rockies, Lake Louise Not sure about transportation but it has beautiful hiking
Back to top

busy mommy




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 10:40 am
Switzerland is beautiful, very nice weather, great public transportation, can be done with a baby (baby carrier, some places strollers etc)
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 10:46 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Niagara Falls?

Newport ?

L

Thanks looking for a place that we could spend around a week in.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 10:46 am
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
I went to Amsterdam. Loved it....


Sounds cool, what did you do there?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 10:49 am
doctorima wrote:
Venice would be amazing if you could deal with the weather. The problem with most American places will be your requirement for good public transportation. If you're okay with Uber that will open up more options.

Otherwise if you only want mass transit, I'd look into Europe, maybe Paris or London, and try to find a place with attractions that interest you and a summer climate that you can handle.


I would love to go to Venice. Need to think if it’s can deal with the weather. We are ok with taking Ubers but we enjoy going on public transit systems.
I was thinking of Paris and London even though they aren’t the prettiest places. Is there a way to get from Paris to London by train?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 10:52 am
Batsheva1 wrote:
Banff, Canadian Rockies, Lake Louise Not sure about transportation but it has beautiful hiking

Cool never heard of it! What kind of hiking? Is it easy to do with a stroller?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 10:53 am
busy mommy wrote:
Switzerland is beautiful, very nice weather, great public transportation, can be done with a baby (baby carrier, some places strollers etc)


How much can be done with a stroller I don’t like to wear my baby.
Back to top

Ellie7




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 11:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is there a way to get from Paris to London by train?


Yes.
Back to top

doctorima




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 12:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Cool never heard of it! What kind of hiking? Is it easy to do with a stroller?


The Canadian Rockies is stunning, but you absolutely need a car to properly enjoy and appreciate it. And very few of the hikes are stroller-friendly.
Back to top

amother




Coffee
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 12:15 pm
What about Edinburgh?

The weather will be nicer then venice, you can take trains to places like Inverness and glasgow with there own public transportation infrastructure, summer is the season where they have lots of cool Scottish festivals, and if you want to see some of the amazing scenery you can join organized day trips
https://www.tripadvisor.com/At......html
Back to top

amother




Milk
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 12:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would love to go to Venice. Need to think if it’s can deal with the weather. We are ok with taking Ubers but we enjoy going on public transit systems.
I was thinking of Paris and London even though they aren’t the prettiest places. Is there a way to get from Paris to London by train?


Go to eurail.com and you can see different train itineraries. There are many countries you can see.
Back to top

amother




Tealblue
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 1:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sounds cool, what did you do there?

We stayed at a hotel in the kosher area which was not expensive and provided kosher breakfast. Public transportation is close by. We took a Canal tour. It is similar to Venice. We went to the Anne frank museum (I don't think you can take a stroller there). There were nice market places. The Heineken museum was fun. There are trips to the countryside- which we didn't get to do. We did our research through Chabad and Dan's deals. We really enjoyed our trip there.
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:14 am
If you don't want hot and humid, avoid Venice in the summer.

How about Prague?
Back to top

amother




Razzmatazz
 

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How much can be done with a stroller I don’t like to wear my baby.


We went with one baby and stroller. I remember being struck by the fact that we did not experience even one hurdle with needing to even fold up the stroller. This includes getting to the extreme top of mountains. It is an incredibly accommodating country for strollers.

We did not go hiking so that might change the stroller thing.,
Back to top

tichellady




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:39 am
Seattle, Vancouver,London
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Best place for challahs Lakewood
by amother
6 Yesterday at 2:20 pm View last post
Late Summer Barley Risotto 0 Wed, Aug 17 2022, 7:59 am View last post
Virtual reality place in scranton
by amother
6 Tue, Aug 16 2022, 3:37 pm View last post
Lakewood - Place to buy Inexpensive Carry-on luggage
by amother
3 Tue, Aug 16 2022, 5:41 am View last post
Periwinkle, Lakewood - Summer stuff on sale now?
by amother
4 Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:06 am View last post