Home

Bringing baby to work for an hour

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:06 pm
My babysitter is starting late one day this week and my baby goes to a sitter near my school.
Is it unprofessional if I ask the principal if my baby can come to work with me for an hour?
Shes 17 months.

Im an OT. Ive seen that sometimes assistants/morahs/social workers have brought their babies with them

Chassidish school.
Back to top

amother




Ecru
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:09 pm
If others have done it, you can too. I think it's fine to ask.
Back to top

amother




Babyblue
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:12 pm
Ooc what would you do with her during that time (that I imagine, you’d be working) ?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:15 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Ooc what would you do with her during that time (that I imagine, you’d be working) ?


What is OOC?
I would work in an empty classroom and hold her for two sessions while my students do the work. Or give her some cheerios or nosh to eat quietly on the floor

I only need to bring her for 2 sessions and then ill go and drop her off
Back to top

amother




Babyblue
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What is OOC?
I would work in an empty classroom and hold her for two sessions while my students do the work. Or give her some cheerios or nosh to eat quietly on the floor

I only need to bring her for 2 sessions and then ill go and drop her off


Out of curiosity

I think it really depends on how professional the school is. Honestly I’d be horrified if my kids OT brought her baby along but we are not Chasidish and not in a chsssidish school and may very well be community specific
Back to top

amother




Sage
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My babysitter is starting late one day this week and my baby goes to a sitter near my school.
Is it unprofessional if I ask the principal if my baby can come to work with me for an hour?
Shes 17 months.

Im an OT. Ive seen that sometimes assistants/morahs/social workers have brought their babies with them

Chassidish school.


I am in the exact situation as you (we probably work together). Yes you can bring the baby as long as you ask permission first and tell them that if she's making any trouble or disrupting you will leave right away. I've done it and as soon as it's not working we leave.
Back to top

amother




Currant
 

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:26 pm
In my kids schools, I have seen this done. Not regularly, but every so often as needed. The kids love it when the teacher/seit/therapist brings in a baby/toddler.

I don't think it's an issue (as long as it's not a regular thing and you can get the work done).
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Baby Monsters double stroller
by amother
1 Yesterday at 9:29 pm View last post
Tottini baby sizing? 4 Yesterday at 1:08 pm View last post
Diaper sampler kit for new baby - is this worth it for price
by amother
7 Yesterday at 12:42 pm View last post
Bringing along boys to the pool
by amother
67 Mon, Jun 27 2022, 7:17 pm View last post
Chiropractor for baby Lakewood
by amother
5 Mon, Jun 27 2022, 2:34 pm View last post