Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Please help -Obgyn
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:09 pm
I'm new to lakewood.
A few months ago my neighbors were discussing OBs and they mentioned there a new one in town that delivers in toms river community hospital. He's supposed to be great. At the time it was not applicable to me so I don't remember who it was. Do any of you know who it could be?

Do you know of a good OB thats chilled and treats pregnancy as a healthy blessing and not a medical complication?

From the many ppl I know in lakewood most seem not to be too happy with their dr for some reason.
If you are happy please chime in and tell me who you use.
I'm around three months in and have still not seen a dr yet.

Thanks

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm new to lakewood.
A few months ago my neighbors were discussing OBs and they mentioned there a new one in town that delivers in toms river community hospital. He's supposed to be great. At the time it was not applicable to me so I don't remember who it was. Do any of you know who it could be?

Do you know of a good OB thats chilled and treats pregnancy as a healthy blessing and not a medical complication?

From the many ppl I know in lakewood most seem not to be too happy with their dr for some reason.

Thanks

I am very happy at RWJ OBGYN but I don’t know if they’re taking new patients. Many practices are not right now so unfortunately you may not have your first or second or third pick snd may have to go with whoever is taking new patients .

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:28 pm
I am happy by dr surowitz.

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm new to lakewood.

Thanks

I use ocean gyn and they deliver in Toms River community hospital. They aren’t a new practice tho, they are around for atleast 30 years
There are about 5 male doctors and I think 6 female midwives there. I’m overall very happy with the practice.

amother
Fern

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 6:37 am
I’m very happy with RWJ

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 6:46 am
From what you describe , I think you’ll be happy with OGOA ..it’s a group that has doctors and midwives and delivers in community hospital. They don’t seem overly medically minded.

Only problem is ..if cv there is any complication with you or the baby..it is a lower level hospital with lower level nicu (don’t know if they even have a nicu..if they do it’s low level)

I just switched to OGOA to have IUD put it and removed etc. haven’t used them for a pregnancy yet, but so far I’m thrilled
Dr Culbert is great. Very chilled.

From what I hear..RWJ is very medically inclined. They make a big deal about every little thing and are heavy on medical interventions.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 6:47 am
amother [ Blueberry ] wrote:
I am happy by dr surowitz.

Does she take jerseycare?

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 6:57 am
amother [ Peachpuff ] wrote:
Does she take jerseycare?

Yes. I’m on amerigroup. Not sure which other HMOs she takes.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 7:02 am
I'm happy by Generations OBGYN - Dr Tal and Dr Roman

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 7:36 am
I used Brielle obstetrics for 10 kids. I was very happy even for births that had complications but my youngest is 6yrs old.

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 7:39 am
I use Sunrise couldn't be happier! Love the practice

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:19 am
Question about OGOA - does the doctor attend the birth, or just a midwife?

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm new to lakewood.

I think maybe Giovine?

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:39 am
I have used West Long Branch for 4 kids and I am extremely happy there!
They deliver in Monmouth though
They do take Jersey Care

Oldest

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:55 am
I wouldn't recommend Giovine. I was there with my first and wasn't happy. There are a bunch of doctors there and it kind of felt like a factory. I didn't feel like I had any sort of relationship with any of the drs or midwives there. That being said, Giovine himself is a fantastic dr but there is no guarantee that he will be the one to deliver you.

For my second I switched to dr. Tal, and I am so happy there! Word of warning- Dr. Tal himself is Israeli and his bedside manner shows that lol. The other drs there though are fantastic. I particularly love Dr. Roman

amother
Red

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:57 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:

Same. Using them now.

amother
Red

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:58 am
Oldest wrote:
I wouldn't recommend Giovine. I was there with my first and wasn't happy. There are a bunch of doctors there and it kind of felt like a factory. I didn't feel like I had any sort of relationship with any of the drs or midwives there. That being said, Giovine himself is a fantastic dr but there is no guarantee that he will be the one to deliver you.

For my second I switched to dr. Tal, and I am so happy there! Word of warning- Dr. Tal himself is Israeli and his bedside manner shows that lol. The other drs there though are fantastic. I particularly love Dr. Roman

I saw her today for the first time (after several appts) and was a little thrown off by her attitude. She was very vocal and strong about her opinions.

Oldest

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 10:00 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I saw her today for the first time (after several appts) and was a little thrown off by her attitude. She was very vocal and strong about her opinions.

Interesting, I haven't had that experience with her. I find that Dr. Tal is more that style

Oldest

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 10:01 am
Also, OP as far as I know Community Hospital does not have a NICU, so keep that in mind when making your decision

amother
Winterberry

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:30 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:

Dr Zara Hazavei is a new doctor there who is really sweet
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries