Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
3.5 and no interest
Previous  1  2

amother
Blush

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 3:56 pm
My son was toilet trained at that age only because he was starting a new Morah and I said he couldn’t go if he still used diapers. I think it took him 1 day to start using the toilet. At that age, if they’re motivated, it goes super easily. If not forget about it. They have minds of their own.

Lol at the poster who thinks this is neglect. I toilet trained my oldest at age 2.5 and had so much grief from it. Never again.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 4:50 pm
First of all there are signs of when a child is ready. Second of all you just don't buy diapers anymore. I am not talking about age but readiness. My oldest wasnt ready until 4 but school "trained" her and she kept having accidents (#2 and once a day). My other 2 kids were trained after 3. My son was terrified of the toilet, of falling in, so until he realized he would he would not go. I have met many people who have used many methods. Not pressure though. No one should train using pressure.

BrisketBoss

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 4:52 pm
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:
. No one should train using pressure.

Agreed. No parent with a rudimentary understanding of child development would ever attempt this.

amother
Alyssum

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 5:01 pm
gr82no wrote:
Wow! I’m not in that stage yet or close to it, but such a child is not neglected and the family isn’t dysfunctional.
Such a rude and shameful comment

Right? My just turned 4yo is in diapers and far from dysfunctional. Cognitive is top of the line and she doing amazing physically, given when she started physically meeting milestones. Just under a year ago she still has to lay on her stomach to be able to have a bowel movement and BH her systems are working well. She will learn to ditch the diapers. Pushing can cause more regression

amother
Pistachio

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 5:03 pm
I training my 3.5 yr old over the weekend I hope it works. I got him really excited and we went to the store together and bought underwear. I also have a bag of treats

amother
Ballota

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 5:10 pm
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
Where I live, the schools have a rule that every child needs to be toilet trained. Children always start at age 3, girls and boys (girls often start earlier)

I've never heard of a child not attending became they aren't toilet trained. Everyone manages somehow.

One of my children couldn’t start school till after succos, and the other one started in November, for this reason.
Sometimes it doesn’t work, even with a school deadline.
And BH, it didn’t matter. I don’t think they even remember that they started 3 year old school late.
(Oh and they were both around 3.5)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training