Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What to do if the dress is….not their speed
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 3:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They’re not even bridesmaids!! No one will be walking down, not even a flower girl. It’s just the chassan, kallah, and grandparents. I can look for something else, but there is no Gemach here that can accommodate everyone. Where they live, they are much better equipped. And I can’t give an option to buy something….

In that case forget about it - she can wear what she likes!

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 5:06 pm
I disagree with chanchy 123; that dress is hideous, even in burgundy or hunter green. It looks like something Queen Victoria would have worn every year on the anniversary of Albert's death. Yes, it IS too ugly to wear, especially for a young girl. It would be ugly even in pink or pale blue, but as it is...yucccchhhhh. And for a summer wedding? What is wrong with that kallah? I'm sweating just looking at it.

If your dd's not walking down the aisle, there's no reason for her to wear something the bride picked out. I suggest you get together with the moms of all the other cousins who are not walking down the aisle and jointly agree to let the girls wear whatever they like. If you can all get dresses conforming more or less to the color scheme, great; if not, I wouldn't worry about it.

4g01o

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 5:19 pm
Omg why black?! And that dress is awful. I'd this a joke? Sorry LOL

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 5:21 pm
Can you post the real dress and black out the faces for privacy?

zaq

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 5:35 pm
I detest black on children. In fact, I detest black on anyone younger than 25. And I detest black wedding parties, referring of course to the garb, not skin color. This here's a WEDDIN' y'all, it hadn't oughtta look like a doggone FYOOneral.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 6:25 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Can you post the real dress and black out the faces for privacy?

I did earlier, but I removed the pictures. Someone pointed out (and I agree) that I shouldn’t be posting pictures of my nieces, even with blurred faces.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:32 pm
zigi wrote:
Get a bonnet with thin lace, lol

I was thinking a horse…
But seriously I can’t imagine anyone embracing this dress idea. The other moms are ok with it?

motherfrmisrael

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 4:38 am
What about if she chooses a dress the same color, so it coordinates?

Sesame

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 5:44 am
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
I disagree with chanchy 123; that dress is hideous, even in burgundy or hunter green. It looks like something Queen Victoria would have worn every year on the anniversary of Albert's death. Yes, it IS too ugly to wear, especially for a young girl. It would be ugly even in pink or pale blue, but as it is...yucccchhhhh. And for a summer wedding? What is wrong with that kallah? I'm sweating just looking at it.

If your dd's not walking down the aisle, there's no reason for her to wear something the bride picked out. I suggest you get together with the moms of all the other cousins who are not walking down the aisle and jointly agree to let the girls wear whatever they like. If you can all get dresses conforming more or less to the color scheme, great; if not, I wouldn't worry about it.

This is nothing to do with the kallah or the Kallahs mother. Go back and read. Two aunts of the kallah want the cousins of the kallah matching…

amother
Gold

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:14 am
We had this at my sister's wedding 9 months ago. My mother and I hated the dresses picked out for the nieces. My sister lives oot so she got away with getting a different dress that was much prettier for her girls. I still don't like the pictures partially because I didn't like the dress...just wear it, especially if everyone else is wearing it.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics