Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What foods bring back bad thoughts/memories?
1  2  Next

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 3:52 pm
This is an offshoot of that other thread -

What foods bring back bad thoughts/memories?

chaylizi

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 3:53 pm
I mixed the castor oil I drank before dd#2 with root beer- I can no longer even think about it, let alone drink it.

yo'ma

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 5:17 pm
I never really liked parifailes (small flat chocolate candy w/ sprinkles on top), but once on my way to sleep away camp, my mother bought them for me and I think I ate all embarrassed of them on the trip. Needeless to say, even thinking of them makes me want to puke.

mom7270

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 5:19 pm
well me and food (for those who havent noticed) are good friends. I would never hold any grudges against it... if I dont like it I wont eat it- but bad memories??? nah

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 5:28 pm
anything fried-sick the rest of the night

dairy-lactose intolerant

food-when I wake up and see the scale I cry

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 5:28 pm
A certain type of Crackers!!! Mad Do I have to explain?

(ok not really bad memories, actually good memories, but just looking at them makes me nauseaus!!!)

chaylizi

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 5:29 pm
sleepless-n-ny wrote:
food-when I wake up and see the scale I cry

misery loves company- shall I join you?

chaylizi

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 5:30 pm
Mrs. XYZ wrote:

(ok not really bad memories, actually good memories, but just looking at them makes me nauseaus!!!)

I sorry but I haven't a clue. crackers make my nausea go away Very Happy

Tehilla

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 5:30 pm
split pea soup and brussel sprouts.

from when my parents thought it would be wise to force me to sit there in the dark till I would eat it.

mind you, I loved vegetables including spinach and broccoli. so why force such things...sigh

chaylizi

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 5:31 pm
Tehilla wrote:
split pea soup and brussel sprouts.

from when my parents thought it would be wise to force me to sit there in the dark till I would eat it.

mind you, I loved vegetables including spinach and broccoli. so why force such things...sigh

my mommy used to cut hot dogs into our split pea soup- it was yummy. but I would sit for an hour staring at a pb sandwich b/c it was really dry & my babysitter wouldn't put more pb on or let me drink & she put the timer on.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 5:33 pm
chaylizi wrote:
Mrs. XYZ wrote:

Exactly, it reminds me of the beginning of pregnancy, and I literally start feeling nauseaus.

chaylizi

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 5:35 pm
Mrs. XYZ wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
Mrs. XYZ wrote:

Exactly, it reminds me of the beginning of pregnancy, and I literally start feeling nauseaus.

that's very funny! I used to eat melba toast when I got tired of saltines. it was a good variation. also tam tams.

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 5:36 pm
garlic knots-got sick after eating them once and didnt eat em since

Last edited by flowerpower on Tue, May 13 2008, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

louche

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 6:49 pm
canned creamed spinach. they used to serve it in school for lunch despite the fact that no one ever ate it. why'd they bother?

justanothermother

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 6:53 pm
A few hours after the first time in my life I ever tried a krispy kreme donut I came down with the worst stomach virus in my life. It was so bad.

I cannot even drive by a krispy kreme store now without remembering how sick I got. I will probably never eat another one in my life.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 6:56 pm
Mrs. XYZ wrote:

Me too! When I had terrible morning sickness for months I lived on saltines and ginger ale. Once I started feeling better, just the smell of ginger ale could make me nauseous again.

Clarissa

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 8:23 pm
I once got sick after eating applesauce that was made with a ton of cinnamon. I haven't liked cinnamon since. If I use it in a recipe, I use much less than the recipe suggests.

zufriedene

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 12:39 am
Raising my children on a spare budget, my father A"H,wanted to help , so he bought a case of bakala that I fed them from rosh chodesh cheshvan till rosh chodesh nissab, I think a few years in a row! I truly appreciate my fathers' A"H contribution to the nutrition of my kids and to my budget,however till this very day !* years later, neither my children or myself can pronounce the word bakala without stomach acids churning about.

wif

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 3:22 am
Anything low calorie or dietetic. It reminds me of, um, dieting. So my doc said that in order to avoid the PTSD associated with all that, I should stick to chocolate shakes.

Who am I to argue?

mimivan

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 3:44 am
a certain brand of ginger ale.
I was about 8 years old. Once when I was at my grandparents and had strep throat, my mother gave me a glass of this stuff from a bottle labeled ginger ale and told me to drink all of it. She was having a heated discussion with her sister and didn't appreciate being interupted. I took a taste, and the stuff tasted like a cross between wine and vinegar.

I said "Mom! This isn't ginger ale!"
exasperated partly from the heated discussion and partly by my interruptin the heated discussion she said "Drink it down NOW...All of it and I don't want to hear more complaints!"

Well I drank it down and stumbled around until I passed out.

Turned out my grandparents were making homemade wine and put the contents in ginger ale bottles Drunken Smile

My poor mother felt so guilty... Crying LOL
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics