Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How to clean mud from a white shirt?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 9:41 pm
I already sprayed it with oxi clean, scrubbed it, and machine washed it. Some of it came out, but not all. I didn't put it in the dryer. What can I do to get it out? Thanks!

#BestBubby

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 9:49 pm
pour detergent with bleach over the stain.

then put the shirt in a bucket of cold water and let it soak for 12 hours (overnight).

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 10:02 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
pour detergent with bleach over the stain.

then put the shirt in a bucket of cold water and let it soak for 12 hours (overnight).

To clarify, do I mix regular detergent like Tide powder with bleach or do I need a special liquid detergent that comes with bleach? The stain is basically the whole front of the shirt. Can't Believe It

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 10:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I already sprayed it with oxi clean, scrubbed it, and machine washed it. Some of it came out, but not all. I didn't put it in the dryer. What can I do to get it out? Thanks!

Make shirt fully wet in a clean sink or tub. Put some Dawn (or other) dish soap on the palms of you hands and spread and rub the soap into the stains. Let sit.
Scrub out stains with a soft cleaning toothbrush in the AM. Rinse and check to make sure stain is out, otherwise start again.
Once stain is out, rinse soap out completely (suds hurt HE washing machines). Then put the wet shirt into the washing machine and wash as usual.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 12:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
To clarify, do I mix regular detergent like Tide powder with bleach or do I need a special liquid detergent that comes with bleach? The stain is basically the whole front of the shirt. Can't Believe It

Use a detergent that comes with bleach, like Tide.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 1:35 pm
Thank you both!!

#BestBubby

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 1:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you both!!

If using powder detergent w/bleach, add a little water to make a paste and rub into the stain.

Don't rinse the detergent off - just soak the shirt in cold water overnight.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 1:59 pm
Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics